Baby Names

Opinion on Zara

How would you pronounce it? I like it because its a little different but don't want her to have to correct pronounciation and spelling of her name constantly.

Do you think it suits an adult as well as a child?

Do you think it goes well with the name Mason our son?

Re: Opinion on Zara

• I pronounce it Czar-uh. I automatically think of the store with the same name, but that's not a terrible thing (kind of like Macy I suppose). 

• I wouldn't be sure of pronounciation but would likely say Zare-ah bc I am Cara (Care-ah) and that's what I am used to, I do get Car-ah a lot and it really does not bother me to correct people, it's only annoying if they do it repeatedly, like my damn chemistry teacher. 

• Loading the player...
  • I pronounce it like Z air uh, similar to Sarah.

I like Zara paired with Mason.

Eta: to put spaces where I can't have dashes.
  • I like it, but I wouldn't be sure if the pronunciation was zahr-uh or zare-uh.  I like both.

I think it goes well with Mason, and I do think it's good for a child and an adult. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would say Zahr-rah.  I like it and think it's pretty.

• I love it.

I would pronounce it ZAH-ra, but a lot of people are going to say ZAYR-a

I think it ages well, and works for kids too

I'm not too concerned about flow from kid to kid, so it would be fine with Mason IMO

• +ASH++ASH+ member
    I would rhyme it with Sara. 
    DS1 - 9; DS2 - 6; Angel - May 10, 2011; Baby Girl - Due May 19, 2013
  • imageMeggiemuggins:
    I would say Zahrrah.nbsp; I like it and think it's pretty.

This
  • Zar-uh...I like it.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • I would pronounce it czar.uh like the store.
  • ==N====N== member
    Czaruh. People always mention the store but I've never heard of it before. I had a professor in college named Zara and she was a really awesome lady who did a lot with her life so I have a good association with it for an adult. It would be cute for a kid too. And unique and fun for a teenager. Needless to say, I really like it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • TheWopTheWop member
    ZAR-uh.  Love it. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love this name. I could see either pronunciation, whichever you like better. I think it is nice w Mason.
  • I love this name, my daughter has a Zara in her class, pronounced Zah-ruh. 
  • imagejallascalla:
    I love this name, my daughter has a Zara in her class, pronounced Zah-ruh. 

There is a beautiful little girl in my DS's daycare room named Zara, pronounced Zah-ruh.  Because of her, I adore this name.

DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • Thanks everyone, you're really helping me feel more confident in this as a potential choice for our baby. I was concerned that its too unusual and would be difficult for her to live with, and that it has a totally different sound/vibe than Mason.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"