September 2013 Moms

"Stop denting the baby!"

As I am sure is the case with many of you, my LO's movements have recently evolved from straightforward kicking and bladder punching to being more like repositioning. It is just a different quality of movement.

As this is my first pregnancy, I thought this was kinda cool and I was having fun resting my hand on my stomach, feeling her stretch her legs in there. I wanted my husband to feel it, too, so I called him in. Of course, she decided to stop moving right then, so I playfully poked at my stomach to get her to move. To which my husband responded "Stop denting the baby!"

I thought he was joking, but no. He was sure I was about to cause her head to have dent. "Babies are soft!" he explained. Yup.

"She's the tied for the third-funniest person on this board!" -S13 Bumpies

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: "Stop denting the baby!"

• Haha that's hilarious...DHs are so weird sometimes...lol
  • awe!!! lol!!! too funny!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageHappy_Yahoo_Personaler:
    Ha!  Mine's the opposite.  He'll poke the belly trying to get the girls to move.

Mine is constantly telling me that my pants are too tight on my stomach (sooooo not true) and that it's going to leave a mark on her. It would be more annoying if it weren't so endearing. 

"She's the tied for the third-funniest person on this board!" -S13 Bumpies

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • bexsdbexsd member
    haha, mine was asking "what if you're poking its eyes?!"
  • Hahahah. I do the same thing...kind of jiggle my belly or sorta prod the harder parts of my belly that are probably baby's butt or back or something...DH goes "quit pokin' him!"

My Food Blog - Dinner Delish
    TTC since Oct '09
    Missed miscarriage 3/24/10 @ 16 wks, Partial Molar Pregnancy
    Began our IF journey in May '11
    Asherman's Diagnosis (cervical & uterine scarring) - Surgery 8/17/11
    IUIs #1-#5 & 1 canceled IUI, IVF #1, 2 FETs - all BFN
    IVF# 2 December '12, BFP 1/13! EDD 9/21 
    Complete Previa and Short Cervix. C-section scheduled for 9/3
    Delivered 8/5 @ 33 weeks, 4lbs, 6oz. 
    4-week NICU stay, home 9/3
  • That's so funny! My husband is the same way!  He says "Stop poking her!  Don't shake her so much!" But he doesn't seem to realize I'm shaking her all day when i walk.....
  • Too cute!! My bf also has a problem when I poke or push in my belly. He tells me "don't hurt him now". Men are so funny and too cute sometimes.
  • my DH once said honey" how do you know how to grow a penis in your belly?" He was halfway kidding...I swear hes smart otherwise haha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • atcwagatcwag member
    Baby seems to like shoving either his/her head or butt into my right side.  There have been many a day where I do some gentle massage to try to get baby to move a little.  DH keeps telling me - "you're squishing him/her!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • lol, husbands are funny. The other night I wanted my husband to feel where the baby's head was and he said, "I don't want to hurt him!" 
    imageBabyFetus Ticker

BFP #1- 9/16/2012 MMC- 10/24/2012 (8.5 weeks, baby measured 6 weeks 1 day with no heartbeat) D&C-10/30/2012 BFP #2- 12/23/2012 Due 9/5/2013 Please be our rainbow baby!
  • If I haven't felt the baby move in a while and lay on my side DH always yells at me that the baby is sleeping and I shouldn't wake it up.  He actually said the other day "are you going to wake it up after it's born to???"  Obviously I'm not, but it's funny that he gets mad when he thinks I'm bothering LO
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • EmyB30EmyB30 member
    The other day baby boy was up in my ribs so I tried pushing him down and my DH says "stop it your going to damage him or hurt him!" I said babe he is very well protected in there he'll be ok I promise. He made me stop anyway.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My DH also gets annoyed if I poke my belly to try to elicit movement (or even if I just poke my belly). 

Wait until you have #2 (if you are going to). LO #1 will be annoyingly crawling all over your belly and abusing it this way and that. The fact that 2nd and 3rd siblings even exist at all means that simply poking a belly will not harm the baby. ;-) 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My husband was also afraid I was going to hurt the baby if I poked my stomach. But he has no issue on trying to shake my stomach when he wants her to move around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"