December 2011 Moms

What I did today :)

So besides being a day full of different meetings at work I helped solve a crime :) 

This morning DH calls me and tells me he left his Ipad3 on the airplane in the seat pocket.  He realized right away but had to wait for everyone to exit the plane before the stewardess could go back to his  seat.  Well it wasn't there.  So someone had stolen it as no one turned it in.  Luckily I have an Iphone and on it have the Find my iphone app which has all of our Apple devices on it.  So from the app we were able to Lock the ipad with a code so no one could open it up and even put a message on it saying it was lost with my husband's phone number.  But we couldn't find anything as it wasn't connected to the internet, but the app would notify you once it was connected.  So around 11am DH gets a notification and I was able to go onto the app and find out the exact address of where the Ipad was!  DH called the local cops in the city where it said the Ipad was, they showed up at the address and sure enough after some investigation were able to get his Ipad back!  The lady who took it tried to say that the guy she was with (she wasn't with one - DH remembers seeing her as she was only a row back from him) took it and he must have put it in her purse.  DH isn't pressing charges though as he's just happy he has his Ipad back.

Thank goodness for Find My Ipad or else it would have been gone!  So lesson for everyone who has apple products - make sure you have your devices connected as it can help you get yours back if it is stolen!   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What I did today :)

• -T--T- member
    Yay! So glad you were able to get it back! I seriously lived on my Ipad during our hospital days. I loved it!

What a witch that lady was...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • ccip82ccip82 member
    Wow!! Great detective work :) I am very happy that your ipad was returned. I hate dishonest people like that...

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Leap08Leap08 member
    That's awesome! And now I'm going to go get that app.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • RicolaRicola member
    Wow, that's super awesome that you got it back! Good job there, Kelly. But that lady really sucks!
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"