Nurseries and Baby Gear

Recommend Your High Chair

I'm A FTM, 35 weeks pregnant, and at a loss over what high chair to purchase for our DD. I know we won't need one for another 6 or 7 months, but DH has an urge to get everything now.

What are your favorite models/brands? I'm looking for something easy to clean, gender neutral, and not too ugly. 

Thanks for any responses! 

Re: Recommend Your High Chair

• We had the Fisher Price Space Saver that attaches to a chair. It was great. There is no way we'd have room for a big free standing highchair.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1

Not sure if it will help you bc we aren't using it yet. But I didn't want a big, bulky high chair to take up space and this one goes on a dining chair. I can say 3 of my friend have the exact one and love them.  Sorry no clicky-iPad. 

photo 606e6a9295ea7ed21bede1d01b391656.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ikea Antilop. 25 bucks, easy to clean, doesn't take up much space. I've used it with my DD for over a year now and it still looks great. After her first birthday party the high chair was covered in cake and pink frosting. I took the legs off and easily cleaned the entire seat in the kitchen sink. I highly recommend it!
  • We have a Phil and Ted high pod. I got it on Craigs list and I love it! I don't think I would pay full price for it but I also recommend it highly. It is SUPER easy to clean and that was my number one priority. A close second on priority was how it looks. We knew that the high chair would be in our kitchen/dining room for years to come so it was the one thing that I cared what it looked like!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image image
  • imageMrsWahidi:
    I know we won't need one for another 6 or 7 months, but DH has an urge to get everything now.What are your favorite models/brands? I'm looking for something easy to clean, gender neutral, and not too ugly.nbsp;Thanks for any responses!nbsp;

Actually, I thought we would not need a high chair until later as well, but in retrospect, I wish we had bough one sooner. Many of the models are built to accommodate very small infants. They have recline features for bottle feeding. I would get one earlier than later.
    BabyName Ticker
  • I would get the fisher price deluxe healthy care booster. Easy to clean, has a tray and then becomes a booster.
  • imagerandimarie86:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1

Not sure if it will help you bc we aren't using it yet. But I didn't want a big, bulky high chair to take up space and this one goes on a dining chair. I can say 3 of my friend have the exact one and love them.  Sorry no clicky-iPad. 

I like the idea, but we have upholstered dining chairs, so there would be nowhere to hook the booster style chairs. We need something free-standing. 

• We are very happy with our graco blossom.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• boon flair.... awesome high chair..breeze to clean 
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Another vote for the Ikea Antilop chair.  It's cheap easy to clean, and takes up little space.  FWIW, we started putting DS in his high chair around 3.5 months during our meal times, to get him interested in foods in general.  We started solids at 4m1w with him sitting in his high chair.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • imageMrsJetSet:
    We are very happy with our graco blossom.

this, we love ours! 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Bright Starts Ingenuity Perfect Place Highchair. One hand open, top tray goes in the dishwasher and the entire seat and straps are machine washable. Puke proof so to speak.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • We really love our Keekaroo. My DH said it was the nicest piece of baby-gear we received. I appreciate that it's solid wood and American-made and it looks really nice. 

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have the FP Healthy Care Deluxe booster. I love it, and you can use it as soon as the baby sits up well. We started using it around 7 months but could have done so sooner. It has adjustable height and a tray. It's small, portable, reasonably attractive, and easy to clean.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • pibabypibaby member
    We have the Boon Flair and LOVE it!  Easy to clean, easy to move, and very modern looking (although it may not "go" in a formal dining room setting).  Our little one loves it, too! 
  • imagejobiann:

imageMrsJetSet:

this, we love ours! 

Love mine too :

And I used mine starting at 34 mos. She didn't eat in it til 6 mos but liked sitting at the table while we would eat
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • I never wanted the bulk of a high chair. For two kids now, we've used this and love it.  We can take it with us, or just leave it in the chair every day for meals. We use the tray during infancy, and then they just sit up at the table with no tray, around 18mo +.

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Care-Booster-Green/dp/B004C43JJ4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1372376721&sr=8-4&keywords=fisher+booster

• i will offer a shout out for the OXO sprout chair. It has a small footprint and is easy to clean. It also converts to a toddler chair. Pricy, but worth it.

if i had gone the budget route, i would have purchased the ikea chair. 

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• We have the Keekaroo Height Right wooden high chair.

https://www.amazon.com/Keekaroo-Height-Right-Chair-Mahogany/dp/B0044R7I1O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372699411&sr=8-1&keywords=Wood+High+chair

We really wanted a wooden high chair since we knew it would be a fixture in our dining room for several years.  We started using the high chair at around six months.  The only disadvantage to the Keekaroo is that it does not recline, so you cannot use it for three or four month old babies.  This is not much of an issue, of course, if you are planning to wait until close to six months to start solids.

I strongly recommend getting the infant seat insert.   

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMrsJetSet:

This.  Recommended by Baby Bargains and it's held up great over the last year and a half.

Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the Graco Blossom and love it.  It has multiple recline positions, two tray sizes (the larger can go in the dishwasher) it's easy to clean turns into a booster when needed.

That being said I don't have a chair to give up for something like the MiSwivel or I would have looked into those more. 

• imageaboynamedbarry:
    imagejobiann:

imageMrsJetSet:

this, we love ours! 

Love mine too : And I used mine starting at 34 mos. She didn't eat in it til 6 mos but liked sitting at the table while we would eat

I started using mine at 2 months.  Fully reclined.  Loved that about it.

• imageamandaleigh1:

i will offer a shout out for the OXO sprout chair. It has a small footprint and is easy to clean. It also converts to a toddler chair. Pricy, but worth it.

if i had gone the budget route, i would have purchased the ikea chair. 

we have this too. We started with a chicco and hated it. It was difficult to clean. It didnt appear that way in the beginning, but it was. The OXO is amazing, we used a 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond coupon and got $50 off. It was worth every penny!!!  

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"