Cloth Diapering
Options

CD and daycare

It seems like there are not many cloth diaper friendly daycares available for my area. I actually have only found 1 that was a maybe at the current time. Obviously during the NB stage BM are still liquid ish but one facility asked me about solid BM and I wasn't sure what to say. Any ladies with LO's in daycare part time and in cloth? How does this work out for you?
imageimageimageimage

Re: CD and daycare

• Options
    TJ1979TJ1979 member
    If they will, they can plop it in the toilet. If they won't, wrap it up and put it in a wet bag. Some places individually wrap poops in a bag. Mine just puts dirties in the wet bag in a rubber maid type tote outside the classroom door.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options

Daycare just folds up the poopy diaper like she would a disposable and puts it in the wetbag. I dump/spray the dirties when I get it home, then throw it in the pail and wash as usual. For her, doing cloth is very close to doing disposables. She just has to put it in a wet bag rather than the trash.

She does use disposable wipes that we supply (we bought the brand she wanted even). We've done cloth at daycare for a year with few issues (we went through a leaky spell and had to increase the inserts, but that was the biggest hurdle). 

I send velcro pockets to make it as easy as possible. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetokenhoser:

Daycare just folds up the poopy diaper like she would a disposable and puts it in the wetbag. I dump/spray the dirties when I get it home, then throw it in the pail and wash as usual. For her, doing cloth is very close to doing disposables. She just has to put it in a wet bag rather than the trash.

She does use disposable wipes that we supply (we bought the brand she wanted even). We've done cloth at daycare for a year with few issues (we went through a leaky spell and had to increase the inserts, but that was the biggest hurdle). 

I send velcro pockets to make it as easy as possible. 

Is this a facility or a home daycare? 

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    We do fulltime daycare in cloth. We only send pre-stuffed pockets or AIOs. The whole dirty diaper goes into a zippered wet bag. The disposable wipes go in their trash. We try to make it as simple for them as possible.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imageDiannaVB:
    We do fulltime daycare in cloth. We only send pre-stuffed pockets or AIOs. The whole dirty diaper goes into a zippered wet bag. The disposable wipes go in their trash. We try to make it as simple for them as possible.

Same here. He goes to a daycare center and we've CD'd from the beginning. In the infant room, they just rolled up the poopy diapers and I took care of it at home. Once he moved up to the next room at 16 months, they change him in the bathroom so they dump the poop, which is nice. Sometimes if there's a very messy diaper they'll stick it in a plastic bag and then put that into the wetbag. 

Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • Options

I use an in-home provider. I think DS was the first kid in cloth she's had, though.

Some centers can be convinced by actually bringing in a diaper to show them - they often still think "flats and plastic pants" when someone says "cloth diaper". 

• Options
    CLLDLLCLLDLL member
    imagetokenhoser:

I use an in-home provider. I think DS was the first kid in cloth she's had, though.

Some centers can be convinced by actually bringing in a diaper to show them - they often still think "flats and plastic pants" when someone says "cloth diaper". 

The bolded.  I had to bring in a couple options to my DCP.  They ended up liking aplix pockets the best.  They still had me bring a Dr. note saying LO gets rashy in sposies (which he does) as sort of a CYA for them if the state ever complained.  So far it's been going great & we've been in DC for almost 7 months. 

They just put the dirties into the wetbag, throw away the disposable wipes, and send the wetbag home every night.  NBD for them.  I spray the poo diapers when I get home, which is also really NBD.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Options
    Thanks ladies. One of the facilities said that they would do them if I had a doctors note, which I am sure I could get and the rest were flat out no. It is a bit frustrating. There was one other that said she had never had anyone ask before so she might be able to be persuaded if I bring one in, I am just new to this and wanted some other input.
    imageimageimageimage

• Options
    102007102007 member
    We do cloth and our center handles it much like everyone else has said - we pre-stuff pockets and they put the dirties in plastic and then into our wetbag (which is silly but not worth fighting!). I do provide disposable wipes that they throw out. One teacher will dump the poo, but usually we dump and spray at home. We are at Kindercare fwiw, as it's a national center.

My blog
  • Options
    When we were looking, one said that they'd never had anyone ask before. We ended up going with a different one, that said they welcomed CDs. But, I heard later that the first daycare ended up using CDs just a few months later, and now they have a bunch of CDd babies! As long as it's not a flat-out no, I'd take it as a "yes, as long as it's not a hassle"
    Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • Options
    imagetokenhoser:

Daycare just folds up the poopy diaper like she would a disposable and puts it in the wetbag. I dump/spray the dirties when I get it home, then throw it in the pail and wash as usual.

This is what we do.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    image102007:
    We do cloth and our center handles it much like everyone else has said we prestuff pockets and they put the dirties in plastic and then into our wetbag which is silly but not worth fighting!. I do provide disposable wipes that they throw out. One teacher will dump the poo, but usually we dump and spray at home. We are at Kindercare fwiw, as it's a national center.

We plan to cloth diaper and are going to use a kindercare and they said they would do it.

Baby C - 08.23.13
  • Options
    imagetokenhoser:

This. We use an in-home provider and DD is the first (and only) cloth diapered kid there and we have had zero issues. She has even mentioned how all the other kids there has had at least one blowout using sposies, the only one she never has to worry about is DD. So yeah, I'd say that's a win for cloth. Oh and we send cloth wipes too (pre-moistened) that she uses without any problems. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"