Babies: 6 - 9 Months

6 month growth spurt - how long?

How long did the 6 month growth spurt last for you?  DD has slept through the night since two weeks old (amazing to me since DS didn't STTN til he was 13 months).  She's had a few restless nights when she was going through a growth spurt here and there but it quickly passed.

We are on night 4 of her getting up every 3 hours and she wants to nurse each time.  I've been feeding her, of course... but I'm just wondering how long the 6 month growth spurt lasted for you and/or what your experience was with it.

Thanks for sharing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 6 month growth spurt - how long?

• I feel like ours lasted a few weeks but that was with teething thrown in too. Last night was the best night we have had in a long time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think ours lasted about two weeks. Hang in there. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 3+ weeks. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel like ours lasted about a week...it was a combination of him wanting to eat ALL. THE. TIME. And not sleeping well.

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagehappilyeverafterxo:
    I feel like ours lasted about a week...it was a combination of him wanting to eat ALL. THE. TIME. And not sleeping well.

This.
  • HOnestly?  Ours lasted 2 months.. I kid you not.  BUT we ended up with a sleep issue after it - (That was are still sorting out at 9 months) - so be careful (I also nurse and was scared to death not to feed) - 

She had dropped a ton in her percentiles at 6 months - and rebounded at 9 months so I can say that between 6-8 months she put on a TON of weight - but they dont' ahve to do it at night.

Try offering the boob more during the day (even every 1-2 hours) if you have started solids offer those too (but only after a nursing) - if you give bottles at all during the day see if you can increase the bottle size even a half an ounce. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"