Health & Exercise

6/24: Weekly Accountability Check In!

Weekly Accountability Check In!

Week Twelve: 6/17

Here we go with week twelve and will have a weekly Monday check in!

Please feel free to post your weight loss goals, fitness or healthy eating goal or obstacles, as well as victories and encouragement to others!

If this is your the first check in, please do an intro and list what you are trying to achieve and need help with!

Thank for participating!

The last check in was awesome! Thank you for making it amazing! Let's make this week great too!

Please feel free to check in anytime during the week! It doesn't have to be on Monday.

Carly
(Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

Re: 6/24: Weekly Accountability Check In!

• Just finished up AF and I'm up 3 lbs. Ugh! Hopefully by this time next week all the massive bloat with be gone. I didn't do to go since me back and next were hurting so back. Oh well, new week! I hope everyone had a great week. 
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• ajbookajbook member
    28 weeks tomorrow and I'm still running, just a little slower each day. Well, today I actually ran pretty decent but I think I had extra energy built up from not running over the weekend.

Goals for this week: 4 days running with at least on 5 to 6ish mile run.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I got all my cardio and yoga in last week.  Unfortunately it's really hot now that summer is here so going out around the neighborhood with DD is not worth it.  I"m thinking maybe we can do it in the evenings after dinner and after it's cooled off a bit.
  • I'm trying to lose that annoying last 5lbs, tone up a little too. After having DS (9 months ago) it motivated me to get into better shape. I've had a pooch since I was a teen, and always wanted to be more toned. We'll start trying for another around October, so I was going to wait until I was finished having kids to get in shape, but decided I need to stop putting it off. That's how I got this way in the fist place.

I walked 2.5 miles early this morning, followed by 20 minutes of strength training. The heat was brutal but I feel great now!

• imageAjboocher:
    28 weeks tomorrow and I'm still running, just a little slower each day. Well, today I actually ran pretty decent but I think I had extra energy built up from not running over the weekend. Goals for this week: 4 days running with at least on 5 to 6ish mile run.

Running in this heat at 28 weeks is insanely awesome. Good for you!

• imageAjboocher:
    28 weeks tomorrow and I'm still running, just a little slower each day. Well, today I actually ran pretty decent but I think I had extra energy built up from not running over the weekend.

Great job!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• imagevlagrl29:
    I got all my cardio and yoga in last week. nbsp;Unfortunately it's really hot now that summer is here so going out around the neighborhood with DD is not worth it. nbsp;I"m thinking maybe we can do it in the evenings after dinner and after it's cooled off a bit.

Good job on staying on track. It is so hot here to but every evening it seems to rain. Good luck!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• imagerolIo:
    I'm trying to lose that annoying last 5lbs, tone up a little too. After having DS 9 months ago it motivated me to get into better shape. I've had a pooch since I was a teen, and always wanted to be more toned. We'll start trying for another around October, so I was going to wait until I was finished having kids to get in shape, but decided I need to stop putting it off. That's how I got this way in the fist place.nbsp;I walked 2.5 miles early this morning, followed by 20 minutes of strength training. The heat was brutal but I feel great now!

It sounds like you're doing awesome!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• imagerolIo:
    I'm trying to lose that annoying last 5lbs, tone up a little too. After having DS 9 months ago it motivated me to get into better shape. I've had a pooch since I was a teen, and always wanted to be more toned. We'll start trying for another around October, so I was going to wait until I was finished having kids to get in shape, but decided I need to stop putting it off. That's how I got this way in the fist place.nbsp;I walked 2.5 miles early this morning, followed by 20 minutes of strength training. The heat was brutal but I feel great now!

It sounds like you're doing awesome!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• ajbookajbook member
    imagerolIo:

imageAjboocher:

Running in this heat at 28 weeks is insanely awesome. Good for you!

I run early in the morning and on a nice shaded trail. It is quite refreshing! I'm hoping to get in one more half marathon type race ::a relay where i run 2.2 miles at a time but it adds up to about 13:: in July then do what I can until baby comes in September.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
  • cjm724cjm724 member

I am an active lurker and occasional poster on this board.  I never took part in one of these check ins, but it's never too late to start!  

Short term goals: being able to run until the day I deliver.  

Long term goals: get back to exercising postpartum ASAO with my doctor's permission. Running in the Cowbell half marathon on October 6th. Running a Ragnar race in 2014.

Yesterday I ran 4 miles, and today I hope to get in a 3 miler.  Tomorrow will be plyometrics and resistance training, and Wednesday will hopefully be a 4-5 miler. Thursday is kickboxing and Friday will be my day off.  Saturday will be another 3 miler.

• imageIloveshanej:
    imagevlagrl29:
    I got all my cardio and yoga in last week. nbsp;Unfortunately it's really hot now that summer is here so going out around the neighborhood with DD is not worth it. nbsp;I"m thinking maybe we can do it in the evenings after dinner and after it's cooled off a bit.
    Good job on staying on track. It is so hot here to but every evening it seems to rain. Good luck!

We don't have rain in the forecast at all this week.  With it being so hot, we've decided to potty train DD.  We've been inside a lot.  I think a nice walk would be good for us tonight. 

• I tried on my wedding dress and it fit! I am beyond excited. DS kept saying "That's the dress in the picture!" I'm a few pounds above my wedding weight but it zipped right up!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've lost 2 pounds since last check in.  I started weight watcher meetings on Saturday, after doing it online for a few weeks... I am really excited about it and feeling pretty good with the healthy eating and exercise I've been getting the last few weeks.  Thanks for the support! Good luck to everybody!
    "When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew." -Shakespere
  • imageArcadia1114:
    I tried on my wedding dress and it fit! I am beyond excited. DS kept saying "That's the dress in the picture!" I'm a few pounds above my wedding weight but it zipped right up!

How cool! congrats! 

"When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew." -Shakespere
  • I'll be 30 weeks Thursday and I am still able to run, much to my surprise. I ran 5.25 mi. on Friday and this morning and they both felt great. I have made adjustments to pace and set up a loop so I can grab water after each mile and a quarter. I was camping this weekend for my sister's bachelorette party, so it was VERY nice to get back home and into my routine. I'll have a leg day tomorrow, back and bi on Wednesday, shoulders and tris on Thursday, another run on Friday, and chest and core on Saturday...I can't wait! I always warm up on the elliptical for my strength days and take our dog for a walk in the evenings. So far, I haven't worn my Gabrialla belly support, and it's only because I'm nervous about how much it will rub on my skin and cause unnecessary pain. I'll let you know when I need it and how it goes!

Nice work to those of you who are PP and making progress on those weight loss goals. Eating well, staying active, and being positive are certainly going to benefit you no matter where you are at in your journey. It sounds like many of you are doing a great job! I'll need your support after our LO comes because my sister's wedding is 5 weeks after my EDD...I hope the dress fits when the time comes! :) Stay well!

• It sounds like everyone is doing really good!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• Down 1.6 pounds this week.. 25 total :) 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageegannon979:
    Down 1.6 pounds this week.. 25 total :nbsp;

Awesome!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• Hello ladies,

Awesome job everyone - you're giving me inspiration! I missed last week's check-in because I just came back from vacation (zero exercise other than some hiking and lots of unhealthy food!).

So remember how I was complaining about being unable to lose the last 5lb? Yeah, being pregnant might have something to do with that. As it turns out I'm 9 weeks tomorrow. And about 1lb up from pre-p weight I guess - could be bloat. I've been feeling tired so only did 2 runs of 2.5 miles last week. Hoping this week to feel better and do more exercise (and indulge in less carb cravings).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelitzo27:

Hello ladies,

Awesome job everyone - you're giving me inspiration! I missed last week's check-in because I just came back from vacation (zero exercise other than some hiking and lots of unhealthy food!).

So remember how I was complaining about being unable to lose the last 5lb? Yeah, being pregnant might have something to do with that. As it turns out I'm 9 weeks tomorrow. And about 1lb up from pre-p weight I guess - could be bloat. I've been feeling tired so only did 2 runs of 2.5 miles last week. Hoping this week to feel better and do more exercise (and indulge in less carb cravings).

What wonderful news! Congratulations! The energy will certainly rebound, so keep doing what you can!  

• Hey ladies,
    Wow great job everyone. Sorry for the late update, it has been a busy week.

Iloveshane, sorry about your back. I feel your pain, mine has been on and off killing me for the last 3 weeks. For me it too much sitting, which translates into having 3 babies and always sitting with them. Whether is be playing, feeding etc. Movement is the only thing that really helps me. I am thinking of going to a sports physio as welll as a sports massage therapist, I think my muscles are all out of wack because of the bed rest and all the sitting. So sorry that your has been bothering you.

Ajboocher, that is great that you're still running. GL with your goals for this week!

Vlagrl, you had a really great week last week. I think the evening walk idea sounds good. DH and I along with the LO do this and it's a nice break and helps to clear your mind from the days happenings.

Rollo, that is fantastic that you're getting in shape. Think of the example you're setting for your LO.

Cjm724, wow! You're incredibly active. Good for you. With everything that you're doing you should have no problem with doing the half marathon.

Arcadia1114, awesome that you fit into your dress! That is just so motivational to keep doing what you're doing.

Soexcited317, fantastic on the weight loss.

LiveNlove44, you're also doing so well at being pregnant while you're pregnant. Keep it up, good for you and for LD!

egannon979, that is so great what you're doing, keep it up.

Litzo27, Congrats!!!!

AFM my week wasn't that great exercise wise, I was on a track but the rain messedup my plans for 2 more runs. I ran 3 time, about 16 miles. Walked for an hour 5 times. Ate pretty well and when I weighed myself I had lost 2kg. This week already is messedup because of the extreme heat and with home renovations.
  • imagemommaoftrips:
    Hey ladies,
    Wow great job everyone. Sorry for the late update, it has been a busy week.

Iloveshane, sorry about your back. I feel your pain, mine has been on and off killing me for the last 3 weeks. For me it too much sitting, which translates into having 3 babies and always sitting with them. Whether is be playing, feeding etc. Movement is the only thing that really helps me. I am thinking of going to a sports physio as welll as a sports massage therapist, I think my muscles are all out of wack because of the bed rest and all the sitting. So sorry that your has been bothering you.

Ajboocher, that is great that you're still running. GL with your goals for this week!

Vlagrl, you had a really great week last week. I think the evening walk idea sounds good. DH and I along with the LO do this and it's a nice break and helps to clear your mind from the days happenings.

Rollo, that is fantastic that you're getting in shape. Think of the example you're setting for your LO.

Cjm724, wow! You're incredibly active. Good for you. With everything that you're doing you should have no problem with doing the half marathon.

Arcadia1114, awesome that you fit into your dress! That is just so motivational to keep doing what you're doing.

Soexcited317, fantastic on the weight loss.

LiveNlove44, you're also doing so well at being pregnant while you're pregnant. Keep it up, good for you and for LD!

egannon979, that is so great what you're doing, keep it up.

Litzo27, Congrats!!!!

AFM my week wasn't that great exercise wise, I was on a track but the rain messedup my plans for 2 more runs. I ran 3 time, about 16 miles. Walked for an hour 5 times. Ate pretty well and when I weighed myself I had lost 2kg. This week already is messedup because of the extreme heat and with home renovations.

Thanks! Mine is injury related and lupus related. I hope yours feels better. I also had a cyst removed from the top of my head. The doc reassured me that I'd be able to exercise the next day. I can't even sit up quickly or my head starts hurting bad. Oh well, there's always next week!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• Hi ladies.

I've been missing in action a good long while, and basically I was lackinig motivation and not looking after myself. Then suddenly I got back into the swing of things.

I've lost 10lbs in the last month and am feeling very balanced with my eating. I'm not obsessing on what to eat or not to eat. I'm eating delicious nourishing foods, and enjoying treats when the mood strikes me. 

My ongoing battle is exercise. Partly because of the difficulty carving out a time slot where I can focus on it. Partly because I'm so tired all the time because of lack of sleep.

So I'm focusing on being active throughout the day. I jog up steps, lift and carry stuff at school rather than just asking students to do it, gardening, dancing and playing with the girls etc etc etc. I figure that as I'm more and more active my energy levels will build, I'll get some quality sleep.

I'm also focusing on being kind when I have zero energy because I'm sick, the girls are sick, DH is out of town and the girls have been awake through the night. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• imageKateLouise:
    Hi ladies.I've been missing in action a good long while, and basically I was lackinig motivation and not looking after myself. Then suddenly I got back into the swing of things. I've lost 10lbs in the last month and am feeling very balanced with my eating. I'm not obsessing on what to eat or not to eat. I'm eating delicious nourishing foods, and enjoying treats when the mood strikes me.nbsp;My ongoing battle is exercise. Partly because of the difficulty carving out a time slot where I can focus on it. Partly because I'm so tired all the time because of lack of sleep.So I'm focusing on being active throughout the day. I jog up steps, lift and carry stuff at school rather than just asking students to do it, gardening, dancing and playing with the girls etc etc etc. I figure that as I'm more and more active my energy levels will build, I'll get some quality sleep.I'm also focusing on being kind when I have zero energy because I'm sick, the girls are sick, DH is out of town and the girls have been awake through the night.nbsp;

10 lbs is great! I struggle with exercise too but it sounds like you've got a good plan.
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"