May 2013 Moms

Longest Stretch Between Feedings?

What's the longest your LO has gone without feeding?

My LO is 7.5 weeks and is just over 8 hours since the beginning of her last feeding I'm not sure if that's too long at her age?? Debating on if I should wake her or just wait until she's ready to eat. I'm going to call the pedi to confirm once the office opens.

TIA!

Re: Longest Stretch Between Feedings?

• ksimmyksimmy member
    Mine is 5 weeks and she slept for 7 hours the other night. Not sure if its ok but she seems to let me know really well. And I was happy for the sleep!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Abbie just did 8hrs woohoo! I was concerned about it too when I realized what time it was when she woke up but I know she is definitely thriving as a little chunk and ate well on both sides before falling back asleep. I know she would let me know if she needed to eat in the middle of the night...
  • Loading the player...
  • imagenola78:
    Our pedi told us not to wake to feed since her weight was okay. The longest she went was 10 hours and was perfectly fine. She ate what she usually does the following day and is growing appropriately.

This. Once they are over birth weight, let them sleep! My little one is not quite 4 weeks, but steadily gaining weight and my pedi told me that it is fine to let him sleep as long as he wants to. I got a 6 hour stretch and was pretty happy!
    BabyFruit Ticker>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • delinodelino member
    She's 5.5 weeks and has gone 9 hrs. If lo's weight is good there's no reason to wake them.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • wjvwjv member
    Our longest stretch has only been about 4-5 hours, but if he did sleep longer I wouldn't wake him. 
    Anniversary Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lavrillavril member
    Wow I'm jealous of all those hours! Our max is a little under 4 and I thought that was amazing! He's 6w today.

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • My LO has slept for 6 and a half hours. Her pediatrician and gastro doctors told us to wake her every 4 hours but it is because she's still small for 7 weeks old.
  • Thanks for all the replies I feel better now : she went about 9.5 Hours between feedings and she was HUNGRY when she woke up! She took in about 5 or 6oz! Now if only the weather would cooperate so my dog would sleep through the night!
  • Our longest stretch has been 5 hrs...

Do you guys get engorged when your LOs are going 9 hours?

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• imagesnowgirl427:
    Our longest stretch has been 5 hrs...

Do you guys get engorged when your LOs are going 9 hours?

Oh yeah. I can make it 6 or 7 hours before I HAVE to pump, but to be comfy, I don't usually like to go more than 5 hours without nursing or pumping
  • My LO is 6 weeks and hasn't gone more than 4 hours between feedings, and that's only once or twice.  Normally he needs to eat every 2.5 - 3.5 hours.  If she's gaining fine, I say, take those 8 hours stretches when you can get them!!!

• imageShelynla:
    My LO is 6 weeks and hasn't gone more than 4 hours between feedings, and that's only once or twice.  Normally he needs to eat every 2.5 - 3.5 hours.  If she's gaining fine, I say, take those 8 hours stretches when you can get them!!!

This is me,   My LO is 6wks and eats every 3 hours like clockwork.  I wish I could get a longer stretch out of him.  I'm jealous of you guys :-) 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I went 7 hours without feeding DD about a week ago. I really don't like to go past 5.5-6 hours without feeding her.She's only 4 weeks old. 
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • 6.5 hours but I woke her up so I don't know how long she would have slept.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • pnutgpnutg member
    I think 4 hours is the longest. I would have to pump after 5 for sure.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm seriously jealous of all those long hours! S has been stretching her night sleeping to about 5 hours and here I was thinking that was long since she's usually up every 2-3.5 hours
  • Lo sleeps 10 hours at night and our ped also said don't worry about waking if he is gaining.little guy eats every 2 hours during the day and is gaining well. I usually just pump first thing in the morning and store it after he eats. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• B27B27 member
    9 hours! I was getting engorged for two weeks, but now not too bad. I pump in the am after first am feed
  • DD is 9 weeks and typically has a 6-7 hour stretch at night.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"