March 2013 Moms
Options

Crib transition

ain't no joke. At this point, I wish I'd never even introduced that dang RnP.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Crib transition

• Options
    Same here but with cosleeping! I'm pretty sure by now he'd be sttn if I had just kept him in his crib. 3am is his new favorite time to wake up
  • Options

How many nights into the transition are you?  DS has been in the crib for one full week now and things are pretty much getting back to normal.  He STTN and we had a few nights where he woke up once each night, a couple of rough bed times, and then pretty much normal after that. 

But, I completely agree about the RNP!!  With our next child we are going to start with the crib from the get go!  I've had so much stress over the transition that it just isn't worth it!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're a full week into it. She's yet to sleep more than 48 minutes in her crib. After that initial stretch, it's as if she's figured out my plan and pops her eyes open just as soon as her sweet little head hits the mattress. Cue the nonstop crying for the next 23 hours. At that point, I just put her in the RnP, and she's so worn out that she sleeps for 5 to 6 hours! So frustrating. I keep telling myself that it'll be better tomorrow night, but it hasn't been yet.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    One thing suggested to me that helped with the transition was I would nurse him with a blanket between his head and my arm or pillow or whatever so that when I put him into his crib there wasn't a sudden temperature difference on his skin. I also tucked a few blankets in so his crib was a bit cushier.
  • Options

We used RNP for 11 weeks and I decided to try to transition to crib.  For a week I had her napping in there during the day and her naps were drastically shorter but started to get a little longer.  During that week I had her sleeping in the RNP as I was not ready to have sleepness nights.   I noticed she likes to feel snug so I had the idea to take the bassinet off the base and lay it in the crib. I put her down in and and laid her close to the top corner and side so she could snuggle - and she slept just like the did in the RNP!  I was shocked as she doesn't normally like to lie flat.  

If you have a bassinet you may want to try.  I figure in another month I'll transition her from out of the bassinet but for now it's no issue at all for her to be in the bassinet in her crib.

Me: 35/Hubs: 35 - just moved to Minneapolis from Chicago. TTC for 18 months and expecting baby #1 April 18, 2012! Needed IVF after a few failed rounds of IUI and it worked!
  • Options
    This is my upcoming project for the summer and I am not really looking forward to it. Like a PP, I am thinking of doing a few transition phases. Right now he is in the RnP next to our bed. First we will keep him in his room in his RNP, then maybe take the bassinet off of the PnP and put it in the crib, then finally lay him right in the crib. He is no where near to sleeping through the night (still has at least 2 wakeups), so I am not in any hurry to get him out of our room.
  • Options
    We are about a week in and the sleep is not normal but it's getting better. We did t shirt under the sheet thing to help with a comfortable smell. We had a crib wedge in there too to help with the transition of inclined sleeping but our LO rolls all over so I took the wedge out because I didn't want him suffocating.
  • Options
    We started the transition last night and it was a long night. Then todaytoday i asked daycare where she slept for naps and their response was in a crib and she is so easy to put down. So now I think my little girl is playing me because she knows I wont let her cry
  • Options
    imagekarijohannsen:

We used RNP for 11 weeks and I decided to try to transition to crib.  For a week I had her napping in there during the day and her naps were drastically shorter but started to get a little longer.  During that week I had her sleeping in the RNP as I was not ready to have sleepness nights.   I noticed she likes to feel snug so I had the idea to take the bassinet off the base and lay it in the crib. I put her down in and and laid her close to the top corner and side so she could snuggle - and she slept just like the did in the RNP!  I was shocked as she doesn't normally like to lie flat.  

If you have a bassinet you may want to try.  I figure in another month I'll transition her from out of the bassinet but for now it's no issue at all for her to be in the bassinet in her crib.

This.  I did it with her bassinet and her car seat, the two places she liked to sleep the most.  I also did it when she was around 4 weeks based on my SIL's recommendation.  After a few days she was fine sleeping in the crib as long as she was swaddled.  A few weeks later, however, she had a few days where we had to put her back in the bassinet or our bed b/c she would not stay asleep in the crib.  A few days later, however, she was back in her crib. 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    We've officially been in the crib for a week! Last Monday night was absolutely horrible. But every night since then has improved. Last night she slept a 6 hour stretch, then a 5 hour stretch, finally waking up at 8 this morning. I feel so blessed that we got through this transition. And we're out of the swaddle, too. I bought an aa sleep sack, and she seems to really like it, so far. If you're currently struggling with the crib transition, believe me, it gets better!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"