April 2013 Moms

Teething? Reflux? (Long)

(Sorry this is long) I will be calling the Pedi in the morning to set up an appointment.  But I'm wondering if anyone has any insight.  The last week has been really rough for us.  After the shots and fever last Tuesday, LO had refused nursing for almost a day.  My supply tanked even though I was pumping.  Since then she has not been latching when nursing.  She will act like she wants it, latch for a single suck, and pop off.  Over and over and over again, until I can't take it and we both get frustrated, so I give her a bottle.  She also started biting me, she has never bitten me in 12 weeks!  Tonight, she bit me so hard and held on, I had tears in my eyes.  Now the nip is purple.  I have been pumping to try to keep my supply up but it just keeps dipping.  I'm very worried. She is also fighting sleep and won't nap.  She has smelly breath also. My first thoughts, early teething?  Or reflux?  She also started spitting up more, but that could be because I can't pump enough and have had to up her formula supplements.  She is also having several green poos that have not gone back to normal.  Sorry for the long post, just putting everything out here trying to figure out what's going on.  When she is not crying, she is happy and smiling.  I just don't know, but she is crying so much lately I don't know what to do to help her.  (Again, I'm calling Pedi in the am to have her seen)  Any one else go through something like this?

Re: Teething? Reflux? (Long)

• leasajleasaj member
    My LO didn't eat as much as normal for several days after shots. I also feel like my supply dropped so I am trying to pump more to get it back up. I was just pumping once a day now I'm trying for 34x. She would smile 1 min scream the next. She also wouldn't nurse as much....still isnt staying on nursing as well as before. I've been concerned about weight loss. Her crying has gotten better the last few days but still concerned about eating. I called Dr office and they didn't sound too concerned since her output is fine. Told me if I was real worried I could come in for weigh in....that would cost 25 copay. I am looking for a scale to weigh her myself. Stores around here don't carry them. Not sure if I helped but you aren't Aline. Good luck.
  • I can't see how old your LO is but mine is 8 weeks and has some similar symtoms. She pops on and off the breast, has spit ups, but nothing comes out she just gags and acts like she threw up in her mouth. I'm pretty sure I had and over supply and forceful letdown that were causing some if this and have been working on that. Mine also has the green poo. I'll be interested to see what your pedi says. We have our 2 month check next Tuesday
  • Loading the player...
  • Can you call your LC? I don't know if that costs you any money. Or if there are any support groups around? They can possibly help and they may have a scale.
  • We are dealing with the exact same situation OP. At the doctor now waiting to get checked out. I did take her to the chiropractor yesterday and got her adjusted. That has seemed to help and she slept seven hours last night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageChicagoBroad26:
    We are dealing with the exact same situation OP. At the doctor now waiting to get checked out. I did take her to the chiropractor yesterday and got her adjusted. That has seemed to help and she slept seven hours last night.

Aw I hope your LO is doing ok.  Did they think it was teething?  The pedi took 4 hours to return my call, so our appointment is for 9am tomorrow morning.  She is still biting and not nursing =(
  • imagesapphire021:
    imageChicagoBroad26:
    We are dealing with the exact same situation OP. At the doctor now waiting to get checked out. I did take her to the chiropractor yesterday and got her adjusted. That has seemed to help and she slept seven hours last night.

Aw I hope your LO is doing ok.  Did they think it was teething?  The pedi took 4 hours to return my call, so our appointment is for 9am tomorrow morning.  She is still biting and not nursing =(

OP have you tried nursing her when she's essentially sleeping? Like rocking her or bouncing her to sleep then quickly and gently laying her down on your bed so she semi wakes up but is still really sleepy and nursing her side lying? This has helped me nurse her when she's having a fussy time and doesn't want to nurse. Hope you get some answers soon!

To the PP who mentioned that they took LO for a chiropractic adjustment... I'm going to look into this asap. I have heard of so many benefits of taking your LO to an pediatric chiro.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesapphire021:
    imageChicagoBroad26:

He thinks its reflux. We got a script for Zantac but honestly she's been much better today and actually latching.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"