Nurseries and Baby Gear

Cybex Aton 2 or Maxi Cosi Prezi???

I"m a new mom trying to navigate the world of car seats.  These two are the two I'm trying to decided between.  Both seem to have really good safety ratings and are the upper tier of seats available on the market.  Does anyone love either of these car seats??  And why?  Which one would be best for baby???

All Welcome

Me: 29 DH: 30

IF DX Endo Stage III/IV SA: PERFECT!

7/16/2011 Married handsome hubby!
9/2012 Lap/Hystercopy DX w/ Stage III endo
Bilaterial Uterine Suspension/D&C/HSG
HCG/D&D on R/L ovaries/chromaltubation/Uterine Polyp
10/2012 RE consult. DX move straight to IVF
IVF #1 11/27/2012
IVF #1 Cancelled for Low Response and Converted to IUI #1 --- BFN

IVF #1.2 BCP 12/29 Stims 1/21 w/ New Protocol - Antongonist (225 Menopur, 150 Follistim, & Ganirelix)
ER 2/2/13 11R,9M,8F -- ET 2/7/13 2 Beautiful Perfect Blasts/5 made it Freeze! -- 2/12/12 +HPT -- 2/14/13 Beta #1 71 -- 2/18/2013 Beta #2 521 YAY! Let this be our take home baby!

4/21/13 Massive Hemorrhage from unDX placenta previa.  Bed Rest for 7 months.

10/17/13 Gave Birth to our 8lb 2oz baby boy! 

8/30/15 Started Meds for FET schedule on 10/13/15

10/13/15 TX two great blasts.  Beta scheduled for 10/22/15

Re: Cybex Aton 2 or Maxi Cosi Prezi???

• Love them both and considered each for #3. Am also considering the Nuna car seat because it looks really easy to install as well and similar. I think I like the Aton 2 more than the Prezi though. I've heard some people complain that once their baby can move their head left to right the permanent insert in the Prezi freaks the baby out bc it blocks their vision completely. One girl said she even had to buy another seat because the screaming was too much to bare while driving.
  • My husband and I just came from a little baby boutique and had a one on one lesson on car seats and we are sold on the Cybex.  There is a brand new Cybex out called Nuna Pipa with car seat and base I believe its 299. But after seeing how the new base sits in the car and is based on the European standard when it comes to the amount of movement allowed in a car seat base its a no brainer.  It prevents back lash if you hit someone and keeps the seat in place if your in a rollover.  The place we were at didn't have it in store yet its so new but its on the website https://www.pishposhbaby.com/nuna-pipa-infant-car-seat-w-base.html

Hope this helps?!  

• Loading the player...
  • alakealake member

We have a Aton 2, and I love it.  I have used it traveling.  We live in Florida, but have a summer cottage in northern Canada.  We are spending the summer here, with a side trip to Italy.  It is an easy to clean car seat.  I highly recommend it.  I use it for my 4 month old niece who I have custody of.

I use a chaperone for my 10 month old DD.  I do love this car seat as well.  I needed a smaller car seat to fit in the 3rd row of my Honda Odyssey, I have 2 other kids and my nephew in my vehicle.

• I already have the Chicco Keyfit 30 (still in box) but am thinking about getting the Cybex Anton 2 instead. Love hearing these reviews.... keep 'em coming! 

• We have the Aton 2 because it was the only one that would fit in our car. I actually love it, it's incredibly secure and looks pretty comfy, too.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • @alake I have a question for you:  I live in Canada permanently and I am trying to get the Cybex car seat but I am having a hard time finding out if it has had all the canadian regulation testings.  Did you have to use another car seat while in Canada, did the border give you a hard time or was everything ok?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Lorraine.
  • alakealake member
    I traveled back and fourth across the border multiple times.  I had no issues, because our permanent residence was in Miami.  It does not meet Canadian standards.  They have stricter anti rebound regulations along with side impact protection.  They will most likely confiscate the car seat upon you crossing the border as it won't be being used for an infant at the time of arrival.
    @alake I have a question for you:  I live in Canada permanently and I am trying to get the Cybex car seat but I am having a hard time finding out if it has had all the canadian regulation testings.  Did you have to use another car seat while in Canada, did the border give you a hard time or was everything ok?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Lorraine.

• I"m a new mom trying to navigate the world of car seats.  These two are the two I'm trying to decided between.  Both seem to have really good safety ratings and are the upper tier of seats available on the market.  Does anyone love either of these car seats??  And why?  Which one would be best for baby???

All seats used in the US have to meet the same minimum safety standards. There is no published documentation stating what seats performed better then others - it's all pass/fail. The ratings you're speaking of are probably user "ease of use" ratings, which will vary greatly based on the users vehicle type and users experience with car seats. What I find easy to use you may find a pain in the butt.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with either seat you're deciding between. The safest seat for your child is one that fits your child and is installed in your vehicle correctly.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • @alake I would like to thank you so much for your feedback! Have a great day.

Lorraine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"