Cloth Diapering

What is your favorite aspect of CD?

What do you like most about it?

For me, I love picking out what diaper he is going to wear. I like taking into consideration what his outfit is and what he will be doing in the diaper (playing, sleeping, nursing, probably pooping?) to pick the "perfect diaper". It is so much more fun than diapering with boring old disposables!

My second favorite aspect of CD is doing online shopping and review reading :) I don't often pull the trigger and make purchases, but I just loooooooove browsing.

Re: What is your favorite aspect of CD?

• Saving money, and I think they look super cute. I like big cloth diaper baby butts.  I also love the creativity behind some of the diapers, stuff I wouldn't think of.
  • We just started this week, but so far 1)They are cute!  2) It involves research, which suits me. :)  3) Trying to save money  4) An excuse to sew!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sort of a tree hugging hippy.  Beyond that, I actually think they are less gross. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Saving money, the cute prints, and the fluffy butt!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • MoFreeMoFree member
    I love the adorable fluff butt, especially some of the more appealing prints and even more I love the fact that each CD we use is one less sposie in a landfill emitting toxic waste.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • That they won't be in a landfill for 500 years.
    IUI #1 9/13 with 50 clomid and trigger - bfn.
    Round 2, CD1 9/27 100 clomid days 3-7 - bfp!
    10/23 BFP! Beat #1 34, Beta #2 154
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have yet to use them. But for me, its trying to figure out the way to maximize the savings while still fitting in to a life style of part time CD-ing. 

I like the research and the cute diapers too 

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • imageAFwifelife:
    It's a tie between the extreme cuteness of CDs and the absence of that perfumey crap that is on spoises.  Oh and how much better CDs feel then spoises. Squishiness definitely wins over paper.
    This. Sposies totally gross me out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • CLLDLLCLLDLL member

1. Keeping LO's butt rash free.  (He gets fire-engine red in every sposie I've ever tried on him.)

2. The cute prints

3. Keeping the chemicals off LO

4. Keeping diaps from going to the landfill

image imageimageimage

• The smell. Oh man, a CD fresh out of the wash smells so good. A sposie on the other hand smells like the old age home my great grandmother used to live in. It was a terrible place, not very clean and it smelled like old potpourri, terrible. It makes me gag whenever I smell one, and it's worse when it's wet.

The fact that I know there's a soft insert inside and not those gross gel beads. My nephew had a blow out in his crib once and when SIL found him in the morning he was COVERED in them and got a horrible rash from that. She switched to cloth afterwards.

I've caught myself short on diapers so many times, just being busy and caught up in our busy lives. I love just going down to the washing machine rather than get dressed, load up DD and go to the store at night. Once we were visiting MIL and I only had 1 diaper left. MIL lives in the middle of nowhere up in the mountains. I would have had to load up at night and drive down the mountain to the closest town, but just had to do a load of wash instead. Huge savior.

And totally cute. I love now that it's so warm out I can let DD go around the house in a super cute CD and nothing else. It's so much cuter than an ugly old plastic sposie. And how it looks peaking out of the bottom of her dresses; melts my heart.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Cuteness + lack of smell + not buying huge packages of diapers all the time.
    Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • The variety, cuteness, and how comfy they seem. And the lack of waste.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
  • Money money money!  And the insane cuteness of her fluffy bottom.  And never having to run out to the store.  

And ditto ShadyKull on the browsing!  I swear I "shop" for diapers every day!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"