Parenting

Well that was scary...

My MIL took me and DD to her club today to use the pool. DD spent the day splashing around in the baby pool which is located about five feet from the regular pool.

We were getting ready to leave so my MIL went inside to get us towels. I pulled DD from the baby pool, set her down, and noticed that her rubber ducky was floating on the other side. I (stupidly!!!!!) went in to get it without DD. As I was turning around with it, I saw DD go over the edge of the adult pool. 

Thank God the lifeguards were paying attention because as soon as I saw it happen, they were jumping in to get her. I reached the edge of the adult pool just as they were grabbing her.

She was scared, but otherwise completely fine. I, of course, felt like the worst mother in the world. Those lifeguards were lightning quick and I thanked them profusely. I'm so grateful they were there.

I know she wasn't really in any danger, but seeing her face-down in a pool like that has me still feeling a bit shaken up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Well that was scary...

• That is terrifying. It could happen to anyone. Attention shifts for a moment and things happen.

I'm so glad she's okay.

image image
  • Oh man! That sounds frightening! So glad she's ok!
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow! Glad she's okay and that the lifeguards were paying attention.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • It was SO fast. It's a baby pool, so I took maybe two steps to get the flucking duck and in that amount of time, she ran across and fell in. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They are so quick. I haven't had a pool incident, but around Christmas, I was hugely pregnant and slow moving. I was in Barnes and Noble with DS and bent down to get his sippy that he asked for. When I looked up he was gone. They had to call a code Adam and everything. Scariest moments of my life!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG I can't imagine the terror. Glad she's ok!

Hooray for lifeguards! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • WOW majorly scary, yay for attentive lifeguards, glad she's okay!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • That's so scary! Kids definitely move faster than you'd ever imagine and often when you least expect. Thank goodness the life guards were there to help!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"