August 2012 Moms

Seriously mom?!?!?

Someone please talk me off a ledge here...

My mom watches DS on Mondays and Tuesdays.  So I called to check in to see how she liked his hair cut.  As she is filling me in on the day, she says, he wouldn't eat the salmon for lunch.  Then she said "you probably won't like this much but I gave him peanut butter." 

I almost jumped through the phone. We think DS may have a food allergy to something - he keeps breaking out in a rash (we have a pediatrician appointment today to follow up on ear infections). And she gave him peanut butter.  Without even asking me if it was ok!

I am thisclose to pulling her babysitting privileges.  I am willing to pay daycare then have her watching him at this point.

She gives no regards to my parenting decisions. She feels she will do what she wants when he is with her. I am very upset right now.  

If I 'let' her continue to watch him, I'm going to have to give her a list of approved and non approved items.  

AND he didn't take an afternoon nap today. So its going to be an interesting evening.  

Sorry for the rambling rant.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Seriously mom?!?!?

• O hellz no!! I would be livid. If she continually disregards your instructions for watching DS than I would seriously consider finding child care elsewhere. Plus that could have been life threatening. I wouldn't feel comfortable with having your mom watch him IMO. I'm sorry that your mom can't be reliable for you though!
    100_7533(1) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The fact that she said "you probably won't like this much" just proves that she KNOWS what you approve of and does not care. I'd be pissed too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrs. Rohde:
    The fact that she said "you probably won't like this much" just proves that she KNOWS what you approve of and does not care. I'd be pissed too.
    Yes
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • steverstever member

No. Freaking. Way. I would be beyond livid.

And Sun Butter's good too. It's made from sesame seeds.

• I'd be livid.
    Amir has an allergy to peanut butter and if someone I didn't approve gave him it I'd choke the ish out of them. Especially if they weren't capable of handling a situation like that which most of our parents can't.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry, that's so annoying! That's exactly why I'm not a fan of MIL watching DD.

I wouldn't trust her after that. Even if you gave her an approved list, she could just not tell you..
  • Pay for daycare. She's the grandmother - not a child care provider.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"