February 2013 Moms

What do I want for my birthday?

It's my birthday this week and DH is really struggling with ideas of what to get me.  I have no idea what I want.  What's a good gift for a new mommy (besides the spa)?
*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
imageimage

Re: What do I want for my birthday?

• He gets up for the early morning feeding and let's you sleep in. That's what I wanted for my birthday...SLEEP!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My birthday's on Saturday and I've asked DH for amethyst earrings since that's DS's birthstone.  I'm hoping we can find some for s decent price.

• Loading the player...
  • DH got me a gift certificate for a massage.  It was exactly what I wanted.  Otherwise... iPod?  eReader?  Ooooo, if you are in to fitness stuff, I love my FitBit.

https://www.fitbit.com/one

• Mine is this week and I also have no idea. My ILs gave me an amazon gift certificate because the only thing I can think of that I want are books (not that you can't get anything in the world on amazon). The fitbit looks interesting, though. I may look into it some more...

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• imagejkuhmann:

DH got me a gift certificate for a massage.  It was exactly what I wanted.  Otherwise... iPod?  eReader?  Ooooo, if you are in to fitness stuff, I love my FitBit.

i have most tech gadgets, as I bump on my iPad with my phone next to me.  :)

that fitbit looks neat.  Interested mostly because I'm curious how I'm sleeping these days since I've been off my RLS meds for over a year due to pregnancy and bf.  I'm sure DH would just laugh at the idea of this tho.  Such a skeptic of everything. 

imageimage
  • imagehappy_un-bride:
    imagejkuhmann:

DH got me a gift certificate for a massage.  It was exactly what I wanted.  Otherwise... iPod?  eReader?  Ooooo, if you are in to fitness stuff, I love my FitBit.

i have most tech gadgets, as I bump on my iPad with my phone next to me.  :)

that fitbit looks neat.  Interested mostly because I'm curious how I'm sleeping these days since I've been off my RLS meds for over a year due to pregnancy and bf.  I'm sure DH would just laugh at the idea of this tho.  Such a skeptic of everything. 

My husband and I both have the last generation FitBit and we both love it. The new gens are supposed to be even better. I like that it syncs to a personalized website and you can link up with other FitBit friends and compare your stats (so my husband's stats show up on my site). 

• Mine is next Tuesday. Every time DH asks what I want, all that I can think of is, "a break." Seriously. 
  • imagejocgymnast72:
    Mine is next Tuesday. Every time DH asks what I want, all that I can think of is, "a break." Seriously. 

I think thats the problem, I love spending all my time with DS! At this point I don't even really mind getting up with DS in middle of the night.  I guess all I want is to stop fighting with dh about how much time i spend with DS, or I'd like DH to take care of DS more often (DHs solution to everything is that his stepmom should look after him, and if thats my only option than, no, I do not want to be away from DS).

I guess I would like spa stuff, but i'd never book it, because DH would want step mother to look after DS.  And yes, we've talked about this.  My hair is super long right now for the same reason.  I'm excited his parents are going away for the summer so I can stop making excuses. 

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"