January 2013 Moms
Options

BFP update

I'm feeling so overwhelmed with all the positive feedback for you all! It's been a stressful time at our house getting use to the whole idea of another baby and having no idea when he/she would be showing up. I called my OB on Monday morning and they had me come in for blood work to test my HGc levels to give them an idea of how far along I am. Well, to all of our surprise, my levels were at 870. That puts me at around a little over 4 weeks...They were a little shocked that I got a positive test so early. So they gave me a due date around the first week of March. I have to go in on Friday again to check my levels again and then we will schedule an appointment.

We wanted our babies around 18 months apart so I guess 14 will work...haha The only thing that is breaking my heart is I may have to stop breastfeeding sooner than I had planned but we'll just go with the flow and see what happens.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BFP update

• Options

Congratulations.  I'm a little jealous!  I go back and forth between wanting #2 right now and wanting to wait, lol.  

Regarding BF'ing, you really don't have to stop.  A lot of women tandem nurse to keep their toddlers nursing as long as they need/want to.  Even if you wean her before the next baby arrives, she may see you nursing and want to try again.  I'm planning to nurse LO as long as he's wants even if I do get pg again sooner rather than later.

Again, congrats.  What a blessing! 

Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • Options
    They may be close together but at least you're getting your pregnancies out of the way!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! I hope you're able to continue BF as long as you like.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    talk to some of the mothers on the Breastfeeding board. There are a few that Tandem Nurse/Nurse while pg maybe they'll have a few tips to help you continue BFing as long as you want. Congratulations!!!! thoughts and prayers for a happy nine monthes
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Having them close together is awesome. I love it. You'll be fine. :) Congrats!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelandosmommy:
    Having them close together is awesome. I love it. You'll be fine. :) Congrats!

Agreed!!

Love my 2 being so close together.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage

• Options
    Aww! Congrats mama! I am kind of jealous, part of me wishes i could have another one now. But we are waiting until DS is at least 3, to start trying, provided a doctor says i can. That is wonderful news, wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Options
    Congrats! I think it's wonderful! You are blessed!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Congratulations!!

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"