Stay at Home Moms

Your anniversary

Do other people get you cards or gifts for your anniversary? DH's family give us cards, a few texted and his grandfather sent us a check. This was our 7th, so not a milestone. My family don't do anything except maybe say happy anniversary if they happen to think of it. Do your relatives do anything?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Your anniversary

• My parents and grandparents give us cash+card.  My brothers and best friends will text us :)   My inlaws will give cash/present too... but they live in Holland.  And both H's and my birthday, along with our anniversary are all within 1 month of each other...  so they do a "bulk package" thing and send one at the end of it all.
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • My parents sent us a card, and my brother sent us a text. I didn't really expect anything more than that, TBH.
  • Loading the player...
  • My family will say happy anniversary. My inlaws will give us a card and usually cash to go to dinner. Other than that we will get a few texts from sisters.
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • MIL has always given us a card with a gift card or two (or cash). I'm not sure my parents even know when our anniversary is.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We got gifts from our parents.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• No, I don' even think our family remembers the date just the month
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My parents give us a card, his parents usually give us a gift. I think it's sort of weird, but it is nice of them to think of us :)

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • My parents send a card and sometimes a gift card to go out to eat. Otherwise a text from a few people or facebook post.

• imageletranger:
    My parents 40th anniversary is in Sept. we have never celebrated before but maybe we should.

40 year anniversary is ruby.

My parents will call to say happy anniversary, IL's might call or text. either one would happily babysat if I asked

• Yeah, DH's parents get us a card with a little cash and my mom used to do the same.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • pevilapevila member
    Nobody does anything for us, but my DH and his one brother who lives in our city usually celebrate his parent's anniversary by taking them out to dinner or something. I would do this with mine, but they've been separated for years. 
  • We get texts or FB messages, nothing else

If we ask my mom or my ILs to watch the kids or have them overnight so we can go out to celebrate they do it, but they all always try to find excuses to have them over anyways Smile 

I'd probably feel unconfortable if someone other than DH gave me a present 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Nope, friends and family just say Happy Anniversary if they know about it. My FIL usually sends a nice email.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Nobody does anything for us.  I doubt they even know when our anniversary is. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My FIL gives us a check every year. $500 for our anniversary and $500 for my birthday...they're the same day. My family gives me birthday stuff, but no cards or gifts for DH. I wouldn't expect it and think it's odd, but sweet that FIL does it.
  • You get gifts/cards for your anniversary?! Wow.

I just got a few "Happy Anniversary"s on facebook, and a text from MIL, and it was our first last year... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our first anniversary is in August, will see what happens.
    Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • Hhmm, no. No one celebrates anyone else's anniversary in our families unless it's a big one. I don't even think we know each other's anniversaries. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"