August 2013 Moms
Options

Help need a veggie side dish idea for a July 4th BBQ

So I am going to a BBQ birthday dinner for my brother in law and I am in charge of a side dish! Well damn the luck the potato side dish was taken which is usually my staple so now I'm in charge of a veggie side dish. There will be 6 of us and I want to be more creative than steemed broccoli! Any ideas??? Non baby related I know but from the Monday meal posts you ladies seem to have some delishous sounding meals!

Re: Help need a veggie side dish idea for a July 4th BBQ

• Options
    HhaberHhaber member
    We just had a potluck at work and a coworker made "veggie bars." You mix cream cheese and dry ranch dressing mix and smear it on crescent rolls (keep them flat). Then, you chop up any veggies you want.....broccoli, pepper, carrots, etc...and add it on the top along with some mixed cheese. Everyone went crazy for them!
  • Options
    Grilled Caesar salad?
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hazy19hazy19 member

Broccoli salad...so good and easy but its best to make it at least a few hours before.  I use cheddar cheese but here's the recipe:

Chop up fresh broccoli into bite sized pieces ( about 1-2 heads)

Mix in onions, broken up pieces of bacon ( I use veggie bacon), and shredded cheese 

mix 2.5 tbs vinegar, 1 c mayo, and  1/3 c sugar

Toss dressing with everything else and let it soak in.  Sooo good! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Cole slaw!
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Options
    Try mixed veggies (frozen is fine) cauliflower, broccoli, carrots..preheat oven like 350, put veggies on foil covered pan, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and some seasoning ( I've used red robin) cook til slightly brown. It's delicious.
  • Options

imageHhaber:
    We just had a potluck at work and a coworker made "veggie bars." You mix cream cheese and dry ranch dressing mix and smear it on crescent rolls (keep them flat). Then, you chop up any veggies you want.....broccoli, pepper, carrots, etc...and add it on the top along with some mixed cheese. Everyone went crazy for them!

This is exactly what I was going to suggest! These are super yummy! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You really can't go wrong with Corn on the Cob :)
  • Options
    imageJill9288:
    Watermelon and Feta Salad

Yes! Yum! My work makes a yummy version of this, it's spring melon salad, it's greens of your choice, [ I prefer all spinach] watermelon, feta, strawberries, chick peas, slivered almonds or cashews and optional is grilled sliced chicken, I prefer without. Dressing is a white balsamic vinegarette. It's amazing!
  • Options
    Slice zucchini into 1 1/2 inch slices, brush with olive or coconut oil and sprinke with salt and pepper, then grill. Yum!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't really have anything productive to add...just wanted to say that this thread is making me so hungry right now! :) 

All the things. You should go with making all the things that have been suggested so far.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

This is my favorite summer veggie recipe! It travels well too since it tastes best served at room temperature. Enjoy!!

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/pan-roasted-corn-salad-with-tomatoes-and-feta.html

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageHhaber:
    We just had a potluck at work and a coworker made "veggie bars." You mix cream cheese and dry ranch dressing mix and smear it on crescent rolls keep them flat. Then, you chop up any veggies you want.....broccoli, pepper, carrots, etc...and add it on the top along with some mixed cheese. Everyone went crazy for them!

This. I love this recipe especially in the summer, and they're always a huge hit!
  • Options
    imageHhaber:
    We just had a potluck at work and a coworker made "veggie bars." You mix cream cheese and dry ranch dressing mix and smear it on crescent rolls keep them flat. Then, you chop up any veggies you want.....broccoli, pepper, carrots, etc...and add it on the top along with some mixed cheese. Everyone went crazy for them!

This. I love this recipe especially in the summer, and they're always a huge hit!
  • Options
    imageHhaber:

• Options
    Do a broccoli rice casserole or veggie pizza with ranch cream cheese and chopped broccoli, carrots and cauliflower. Always yummy when it's hot
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imageHhaber:

Sorry my brain didn't process this when I posted
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imagetheatrelily:
    I don't really have anything productive to add...just wanted to say that this thread is making me so hungry right now! :nbsp;All the things. You should go with making all the things that have been suggested so far. nbsp;

Seriously I can not even choose because I want everyhing!! Haha looks like we will be having all veggie meals for the next month!!
  • Options
    You ladies rock!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"