May 2013 Moms

co-worker vent

While I was on maternity leave, my DC hired a new assistant director. I really like her (we even have the same name!), but yesterday she made 2 comments that upset me. One was right after I pumped...she saw me coming out with my 6 oz. bag of milk, and she says "That's all you got in 20 mins?" I replied, yes, my baby drinks 4 oz. bottles so 6 is more than enough. She says well I pumped 16 oz today. She exclusively pumps. I bit my tongue and didn't let it bother me. Later, when I went to go get DD...she is in there holding her son who was born a month earlier than DD. She puts him in my arms without asking me if I wanted to hold him and says, "Here! this is what a REAL baby feels like." I asked, "A real baby?" She said, yeah, your daughter is so tiny for her age. ugh! I wanted to slap her. I'm sorry, but just because your baby is overweight doesn't mean mine has to be!! It is also proven that BF babies that bottle feed tend to over eat. It made me so mad I can barely look at her today.  Sad

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: co-worker vent

• She sounds annoying but did you seriously just call her baby overweight?
    Baby girl born 5/20/13. Figuring it out as we go. :)
  • He really is overweight in my opinion. I know chunky babies are cute, but he really is big. I am not trying to pick on her child, sorry if it came out that way.

• Loading the player...
  • She needs to quit with the mommy wars but for what its worth I doubt her baby is overweight... and my baby bottle feeds and certainly doesn't overeat.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageILoveSnacks:
    She sounds annoying but did you seriously just call her baby overweight?

Agreed. Sorry hun but I have a feeling your in for a good flaming on this one... but I'm sorry your coworker feels the need to compare so much!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have to agree. To call her baby overweight.. My baby was huge at over 9 lbs compared to so many with 5 and 6 lb babies. Is he overweight. No. Is he squishy, yes!

You are venting because she called your baby tiny... And yet you turn around calling hers overweight? The phrase "those who live in glass houses"... Comes to mind. Stop picking on a little baby.

And oh yeah I EBF

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• You both sound like immature twats.

Babies come in all shapes and sizes and they don't even start to consider children "overweight" until after 2 years old.   

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • LN1024LN1024 member

imageShantxtell:
    imageILoveSnacks:
    She sounds annoying but did you seriously just call her baby overweight?
    I was going to offer you some support until I read this. Wow. Just wow.

This. I'm sorry, but my bottle feeding baby is anything but overweight. And even if her baby looks a little large, that should be between her and her pediatrician. Not the angry woman she works with.

FWIW, I do think her comments were terrible and quite condescending, but I don't think calling her baby overweight is going to help the situation.  

• My baby is bottle-fed at daycare. I didn't mean ALL bottle fed babies are overweight. kellymom.com is a very informative website that states that BF babies who bottle feed tend to overeat at first b/c the milk is "pouring out" of the bottle and they don't have to work for it. I apologize for using the word "overweight." Her baby is very "squishy."  Really what is the difference? the word squishy just sounds nicer than the word fat? I really think it is none of her business how much milk I produce or how much my baby weighs. Just like it is none of my business how much milk she pumps (she offered this info like she was bragging), and how much her baby weighs. I just got offended when she said "a REAL baby feels like this." I hope all of you would have felt the same way. My feelings were extremely hurt and I didn't mean for my vent to sound mean.

• imagecandlequeen:
    I apologize for using the word "overweight." Her baby is very "squishy."  Really what is the difference? the word squishy just sounds nicer than the word fat? I really think it is none of her business how much milk I produce or how much my baby weighs. Just like it is none of my business how much milk she pumps (she offered this info like she was bragging), and how much her baby weighs. I just got offended when she said "a REAL baby feels like this." I hope all of you would have felt the same way. My feelings were extremely hurt and I didn't mean for my vent to sound mean.

The difference is not in your word choice it is in that you are still thinking the baby is too big.

Babies can't be too big, just like they can't be too small.  Some babies weigh more and some babies weigh less.

Pretty much everyone said your coworker was out of line and it would piss them off but what you said was out of line too.  Deal with it. 

• Yes she was being bitchy comparing your milk to hers and your baby's sizes.  But calling her baby overweight is just ridiculous.  Are you trying to imply that her baby should be on an effing diet?  

• yes I see the problem, yes I am dealing with it, no I don't think he should go on a diet. There are other ways to soothe a baby than by sticking a bottle in his mouth however.

• imagecandlequeen:
    yes I see the problem, yes I am dealing with it, no I don't think he should go on a diet. There are other ways to soothe a baby than by sticking a bottle in his mouth however.

Oh FFS you just need to stop. 

• imagecandlequeen:
    My baby is bottlefed at daycare. I didn't mean ALL bottle fed babies are overweight. kellymom.com is a very informative website that states that BF babies who bottle feed tend to overeat at first b/c the milk is "pouring out" of the bottle and they don't have to work for it. I apologize for using the word "overweight." Her baby is very "squishy."nbsp; Really what is the difference? the word squishy just sounds nicer than the word fat? I really think it is none of her business how much milk I produce or how much my baby weighs. Just like it is none of my business how much milk she pumps she offered this info like she was bragging, and how much her baby weighs. I just got offended when she said "a REAL baby feels like this." I hope all of you would have felt the same way. My feelings were extremely hurt and I didn't mean for my vent to sound mean.

Actually, it doesn't "pour out." In fact, many bottles are designed to mimic breastfeeding as closely as possible. No offense but you keep digging your hole a little deeper. And no, squishy and fat are not the same. And yes, I do think your coworker was rude, and her comments uncalled for.
  • imagecandlequeen:
    yes I see the problem, yes I am dealing with it, no I don't think he should go on a diet. There are other ways to soothe a baby than by sticking a bottle in his mouth however.

OMFG. yep, clearly you have it ALL figured out.
  • imagecandlequeen:
    Just stop.  Seriously.  You could not make yourself sound more ridiculous.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loving this thread. OP please keep sticking your foot deeper in your mouth because very little has been fun about today with a sick big kid and a nonsleeping baby, but this is totally cracking me up. Wish I had popcorn.

I hope when you get your smug butt kicked back to the real world my life you can laugh at yourself too.
  • imageMommaG123:

You both sound like immature twats.

Babies come in all shapes and sizes and they don't even start to consider children "overweight" until after 2 years old.   

YesYes

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • my baby sometimes overeats because he loves to soothe suck and my letdown is forceful(he gulps like in a Sprite commercial or something!) When he overeats, he spits up the excess.Even If your coworker's baby overate, likely the same thing would happen. Babies can't be gluttons. 

You're not going to win anyone over here, OP.  

• imageMommaG123:
    You both sound like immature twats.Babies come in all shapes and sizes and they don't even start to consider children "overweight" until after 2 years old. nbsp;nbsp;

This. You're both idiots.
  • be888be888 member
    imageMommaG123:

You both sound like immature twats.

This. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• I'm just gonna WTF this whole post...
  • imagebotanicalbliss:
    I'm just gonna WTF this whole post...

Mobile thumbs up!

OP, your coworker was out of line. Next time, tell her that, don't judge her baby or her parenting choices.
  • imagecandlequeen:

Seriously, that fat baby should just CIO.

• imageAliciaR777:
    imagebotanicalbliss:

Mobile thumbs up!

OP, your coworker was out of line. Next time, tell her that, don't judge her baby or her parenting choices.

This.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageShantxtell:
    imagecandlequeen:
    JFC. How do you know that's what she is doing? Seriously, you are sounding like an a hole.

this exactly! 

• imageRaquellyo:

imagecandlequeen:

Lol. Crying burns calories.
    Baby girl born 5/20/13. Figuring it out as we go. :)
  • imagebotanicalbliss:

Me too.... 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageILoveSnacks:
    imageRaquellyo:

imagecandlequeen:

Lol. Crying burns calories.

Yes

• imageRaquellyo:

imagecandlequeen:

Seriously choked on my drink over this one. Good work! lol
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Wow, you both sounds like judgmental nightmares.
    TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"