January 2013 Moms

Having to tell myself to wait every day

I am having baby fever baaaaaadddd. And DS is not quite 6 months yet. I have to tell myself daily that we need to wait at least another year or so to even try! I want to enjoy him being a baby, and all his firsts. But at the same time, I want another so bad :( It's driving my up the wall!

Am I crazy, or does any one else have to do this?

Re: Having to tell myself to wait every day

• This. ALL of this is me. DH and I both want to start trying again right now, but are waiting a bit so I can BF DS longer and recover from my first pregnancy.... trying to be responsible and all. I'm not sure we'll make it out the year. :P
  • I have baby fever off and on. I have so many friends that just had a baby or are having a baby soon. I miss being prego, my pregnancy was great. And I miss the tiny newborn stage. My DH is in no hurry, so I keep telling myself I need to wait.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I'm the only one here that is in no rush to get pregnant again.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagehansonam446:
    I think I'm the only one here that is in no rush to get pregnant again.

Lol. I was going to post a "b!tches be crazy" Big Bang Theory meme but I didn't want to offend anyone. I'm definitely in no rush!  

• imagethis decaf life:

imagehansonam446:

Lol. I was going to post a "b!tches be crazy" Big Bang Theory meme but I didn't want to offend anyone. I'm definitely in no rush!  

LOL! I'd take no offense! I know I'm thinking crazy and I love Big Bang Theory! :D

• imagethis decaf life:

Bahahha! Trust me, I know I be crazy!

• I've got it so bad but it would but it would not be good if I were pregnant again. Our house and budget are tiny and were bustin at the seams!
    BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Definitely not alone on this one! I will go as far as to say we are 110 percent one and done. We love our son dearly, but I have no desire for future pregnancies or babies.

ETA: In response to those who said they are in no rush.
  • My DH wants to start trying before DD is a year and I'm not so sure. My DD and I have a great BFing relationship and really want to give her the opportunity to self wean after a year. I'm concerned about my milk drying up if I get preggo because it happens to a lot of women around 12 weeks. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Duuuude.  All you ladies with baby fever are cray.  

That's all I have to say.

:P 

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • DCKateDCKate member
    No thank you!!! One is wayyyy more than enough right now!
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • I also have baby fever. I have to keep telling myself that I need to wait. I too want to enjoy our little girl's first and just enjoy our time with her. I also know, personally, that I do not want two little ones on bottles and in diapers at the same time. So personally I want to wait until our little on is either 3 years old or 5 years old. That's just me. I'm also trying to finish up my Associates degree, so I know two little ones would just be too much right now. But I definitely have baby fever. My husband and I joke around about starting the baby rush. A lot of our friends started getting pregnant and having babies after we had our little girl. lol. You are definitely not alone on the baby fever front.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would love to have another soon, I loved being pregnant. My pregnancy was really easy and my son turned out to be a very easy-going, happy baby - this makes me think my next child will be a little terror lol!

Fiance is not having any baby talk at this point and sometimes he wishes we would be one and done, I definitely want one more though.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageashcody2:

I would love to have another soon, I loved being pregnant. My pregnancy was really easy and my son turned out to be a very easy-going, happy baby - this makes me think my next child will be a little terror lol!

Fiance is not having any baby talk at this point and sometimes he wishes we would be one and done, I definitely want one more though.

I have had this exact thought process. DS is such a good baby, I'm almost scared to see how our next would be!
    I think some of me also just wants to have all this baby time over with. "Pop 'em out" and get it done, as to say!

• How can you have baby fever when you already have one??

I had to get newborn amnesia in order to want another because if I remember how hard it is the first 12 weeks, I would have never had DD. lol

But now I'm pretty sure I'm done.  It's so much more fun when they're older and they let you sleep in.  I look forward to that again soon.

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagehansonam446:

No rush here, either. Hell, I got the the two for one special the first time around, so I figure that buys me some time, no? 

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Nope, nope, nope. One is plenty, thank you very much!

• imagesbevmc09:

Duuuude.  All you ladies with baby fever are cray.  

Bahaha! This is me exactly. The only thing I miss is newborn cuddles. My DH keeps saying "lets just get it over with!" And he definitely doesn't understand the whole I just got my body back and he gets to be gone for 24 hrs at a time for work while I nearly go outta my mind somedays!

love DD to pieces but she's more than enough for the time being! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagesbevmc09:

Duuuude.  All you ladies with baby fever are cray.  

Haha, totally with you sbevmc. I was wondering if any of these mamas that have baby fever have two and are fever-ing for a third. My guess would be no. :) but I was totally like this after my first! She was such an easy baby, and I couldn't wait to get pregnant with #2. Now, pretty sure we're done. :)

I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• imageBrendamndz:
    imagegoocran7:
    I've got it so bad but it would but it would not be good if I were pregnant again. Our house and budget are tiny and were bustin at the seams!
    This is kinda us. Don't get me wrong if I found out I was pregnant today I would be ecstatic. But, our lease is up end of the year, R's original edd actually haha, and we want to start looking at homes. DH is working hard to convince me that we need to wait until we get out of our 2 bedroom apt. My mom watches R now 4 days a week and says she doesn't know if she could watch 2u2. I wouldn't say we are busting at the seams, thank goodness for my parents and this is all part of the reason I went back to work. 30 hours a week.

fwiw, we're still in a 2BR apt now, and it's pretty tiny. We have baby in our room still, although I've been putting them in the same room for naps during the day. It works totally fine right now, but we'll most likely be in a house in a couple of months, God-willing. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's totally doable! :):)

I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• JJsMumJJsMum member

I have baby fever bad too!  We know that we are trying for #3 at the end of this year though.  We'd start trying in another couple of months, but I have a few more lbs I want to lose and I'm going on vacation with my mom in early November.  Since I want to drink on my kid and husband free vacation, we won't be starting to try until I get back from that.

Even though I know all of these reasons why we need to wait, I really, really don't want to!

Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"