Health & Exercise

scale question

Does anyone here NOT own a scale? I might toss mine, I'm afraid of constantly weighing myself causing me a deal of anxiety. I usually don't absses over the digits on the scale but these last few weeks I've either maintained or gained 1lbs. Slowly driving myself crazy.

Tried making this a CP but It wouldn't let me.

And, And, how often are you weighing yourself? I hear every two weeks, but I do it every Monday morning.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: scale question

• I weigh myself once a week. On Saturday mornings before my weekly long run with my running club. If I do it more often it makes me crazy. Water weight can cause up to a 3lb fluctuation, or so I have been told.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I weigh myself twice a day at morning and night in need to stop, especially since I've doubled my water intake since the warmer weather hit.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't own a scale.  We have one in the gym at work.  I try to weigh myself the same time every week, but haven't been very consistent with it.  To be honest, I've kinda lost interest in weighing myself on a regular basis and counting calories.  
  • I usually weigh  myself on friday mornings after i pee with no clothes on.  I think monday would be the worst day to weigh because I tend to retain water from being a little more relaxed with food over the weekend.
  • imageRoIIo:

Does anyone here NOT own a scale? I might toss mine, I'm afraid of constantly weighing myself causing me a deal of anxiety. I usually don't absses over the digits on the scale but these last few weeks I've either maintained or gained 1lbs. Slowly driving myself crazy.

Tried making this a CP but It wouldn't let me.

And, And, how often are you weighing yourself? I hear every two weeks, but I do it every Monday morning.

If you are having more anxiety as a result of weighing yourself, you should remember that it isn't the scale that causes the anxiety; it is your mentality when you react to the number. What do you hope it will say? Is there a way that you can recalibrate your approach to weight that would help you see that number in a different light?

Weight is a tough subject for a lot of people, so you are certainly not alone. I have had my fair share of frustrations and struggles with nutrition and exercise in the past, but I always had to remind myself that food is fuel. I need to properly fuel my body to do what I need it to do, and I need to pay attention to what my body needs when I'm in the gym. I highly recommend starting a strength training program so you can build your lean body mass. While cardio will initially help you burn calories short term, lean body mass (muscle) helps you burn more calories long term (it increases your metabolic rate). The scale won't move as much initially, but you will FEEL much better and the long term results are well worth it.

I also recommend using a program where you can chart your intake. There are many apps/programs available where you can log your nutritional intake and track your macronutrient balance (carbs/fat/protein). Sometimes just shifting your macro-balance will give your body the kickstart you need for fat loss. I wish you the best of luck with everything! Take it one day at a time and stay well. 

• I am admittedly obsessed over the number. I really can't help but weigh myself every morning. The number also dictates my mood, pathetic.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I put my scale away last month actually. Our gym got a bodyfat dunk tank, and after a month of hard workouts and clean eating I weighed the exactly same but was 1.7% less body fat. So I gained muscle and lost fat. So the scale means nothing to me :)
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • imageVPGIRL06:
    I put my scale away last month actually. Our gym got a bodyfat dunk tank, and after a month of hard workouts and clean eating I weighed the exactly same but was 1.7% less body fat. So I gained muscle and lost fat. So the scale means nothing to me :)

I need to do this ... My scale hasn't moved at all .. I think it actually went UP, but I'm wearing jeans 2 sizes smaller.

I like the scale simply for accountability but it's really NOT a great measure of sucess.

• I weigh myself everyday.  I'm a little neurotic about it but it helps me stay away from over-eating and maintain a healthy diet.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"