August 2013 Moms

TDAP

At my last appt, DR mentioned getting a Tdap booster by week 36 to pass on immunity to little one before they start getting their vaccines. I've done some research online and haven't found any risks or issues with doing it but thought I would throw it out there for the lovely ladies on this board. Any thoughts on this? The office said it is totally up to me to decide if I want to get it or not....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: TDAP

• DH and I both got the booster per the pediatrician's recommendation.
    "The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • I got one yesterday, DH had one when my niece was born in December. The benefits seemed to outweigh the risks in this one.
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Loading the player...
  • I had the shot in the hospital when my son was born almost 3 years ago but if my doctor recommends that I get a booster, I will.
    No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• I got it three years ago when my son was born, but my doctor recommended getting it again so I did last week.
  • I got mine a few weeks ago. The pros outweigh the cons in my mind.

But my arm was site for 3 days. Not fun
  • I got it after my son was born in 2011 because at that time it was not recommended for pregnant women.  My Dr was not comfortable giving the shot to me during this pregnancy because I just had it two years ago and he doesnt think there is enough research yet to suddenly change the stance from "absolutely not" to "you must get it".  I happen to agree with him so I will not be getting it but I think each person needs to consult with their OB and decide from there.

• You can get it during third trimester or  right after delivery in the hospital. 

Its a personal choice. The recommendation was just changed in 2012. When I had DD in 2011 it was recommended to get the TDAP booster ASAP after delivery.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• You should get it. It's safe and helpful.
  • Mine has not mentioned it however, if they do I will get it.
    imageimageimageimage

• My midwife advised that I get it, so I did. She also mentioned grandparents or anyone that will be holding LO a lot, should get it. DH is getting it this week.

• I got the vaccine 2 years ago and my doctor said that was fine (as long as it was within 3 years was her cut off).

DH just got his.  Mom has hers.  Inlaws are getting theirs soon.

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• It was recommended to us that we get it, and we both did.

According to my OB and our son's pediatrician-to-be, the risks of not getting it are what we should be concerned with.  TDAP vaccinates us for whooping cough, which can be deadly to infants who have not built up immunities in their first 2 months. 

After 1.5 years TTC, IUI #2= BFP 12/2/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"And the dream that you dare to dream really do come true"

• Im getting mine tomorrow.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got the vaccine last summer when my OB found out there was a possibility of me getting pregnant, then she had me get the booster last week so baby can get some benefits from it since she can't get her own vaccine until she's older. We've had some pertussis outbreaks in our state, so my OB has been pretty insistent on the vaccines even for extended family that will be around our little girl.
  • I got mine at my appointment yesterday. Dh will be getting soon too. I've also requested that mil and my mom get it. If you get it prior to birth it can pass along some immunity to baby. If I remember correctly babies vaccinations don't cover pertusis fully until like 6 months, and it can be deadly to baby. So, for me possibly preventing a deadly illness is totally worth the sore arm.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • I got it a couple weeks ago. Dh will get his this week. 

• Both DH and I got the Tdap, (I got it at 28 weeks).
    imageimage

Me 33 DH 36 Together 10 years, Married 5 years

TTC #1 since 8/2007 with MFI
    November 2012 - IVF w/ ICSI #1; 11/28/12 - ER 12 eggs! 11 fertilized! 12/3/12 - ET - transferred 1 AA Blastocyst
    Charlotte Hannah -born 8/13/13.
  • Both DH and I got it.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I got one last July, but my OB recommended I get another one at 28 weeks [which I did]. The antibodies my body produces pass through the placenta into LO, giving them limited immunity, too.

WA state, my county in particular, has had a number of infant deaths due to pertussis in the last few years. No way in hell I'm risking it.

• All pregnant women are supposed to get the shot.

• imagemsspeedymarie:

I feel like I post this about once a week.

The new CDC recommendation as of October 2012 is for all pregnant women, regardless of previous TDap status, to get the booster during 3rd tri, because it passes some immunity to the baby, and helps protect baby before he is old enough to get the vaccines himself.

The old recommendation was basically "Women can get it during pregnancy, it doesn't hurt the baby in any way." After a long time of this, and studying women who got it during pregnancy, what they basically found was that there was a benefit to the baby.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/pertussis/tdap-pregnancy-hcp.htm

"By vaccinating a woman with Tdap during pregnancy her infant will gain pertussis antibodies during the most vulnerable time ? before three months of age. However, providing this early immunity may also interfere with the infant?s immune response to DTaP vaccine. The infant?s immune response to DTaP may not be as strong, but the clinical implications may not be significant. The benefits of vaccinating during pregnancy and protecting a newborn outweigh the potential risk of blunting the infant?s response to DTaP vaccine. Since infants are at greatest risk of severe disease and death from pertussis before 3 months of age ? when their immune systems are least developed ? any protection that can be provided is critical. Infants should receive their DTaP vaccines on schedule, starting at 2 months of age."

I was just going to post this. Thank you.  

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My doctor still has them administer it after delivery, so I won't be getting it until post-partum. DH plans on getting it sometime in the next few weeks. 

If my doctor offered it earlier, I would get it. However, he doesn't, so I'm waiting.  

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• imagecoraggiosa:
    My doctor still has them administer it after delivery, so I won't be getting it until postpartum. DH plans on getting it sometime in the next few weeks.nbsp;If my doctor offered it earlier, I would get it. However, he doesn't, so I'm waiting. nbsp;

You can get it from Walgreens without a prescription. I wouldn't take the chance no matter what my doctor thought.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • imagecole2144:
    I had the shot in the hospital when my son was born almost 3 years ago but if my doctor recommends that I get a booster, I will.

This.

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • got one at 31 weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"