February 2013 Moms

breathing noise

I woke up last night to my son crying. I picked him up and his breathing was funny. It was like he had been crying for a long time and could not catch his breath. I picked him up pretty quickly. When I put him down he was still breathing like that. He was pretty much sleeping the whole time. Could this be a bad dream? Or us it something to worry about? We fly to England in two days. Also we do have a breathing alarm in him at night.

Re: breathing noise

• Was it that sort of gaspy thing babies do after they cry? DD does this little gasp when she cries really hard. It's probably nothing. Maybe just see if LO does it again today.
  • It was the gaspy thing, but he really did not cry at all. He was calm when I picked him up and I rocked him for 5 minutes and then I put him down again,but he kept doing the gaspy thing in his sleep. I looked it up and it could be hypervenitilation.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hmmm I did not realize babies could hyperventilate. Could you just call the pedi's office and bounce it off a nurse just to ease your mind?
  • My son does this 23 times a week while sleeping. It's always during REM sleep I can see his eyes moving under his kids. In our case, he is dreaming. Hope that's what is going on with you too!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"