March 2013 Moms

Baby can't lay

So know a lot of us are looking at sleep solutions to our ever changing babies. A lot of articles/methods say to lay your baby down when drowsy to try and get them to fall asleep on their own. Is mine the only one that just doesn't lay down on his own without crying/screaming? It literally doesn't take but a second before he gets irritated.

They suggest putting your hand on him but that doesn't do a thing. He doesn't get calm by my hand or voice. And they keep saying gradual progression of fussing there's nothing gradual about LO's fussing...
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Baby can't lay

• Is he gassy? Sometimes babies who get super gassy fuss the second the lay down because the pressure switches. Maybe try some gas drops.
  • Mine won't either!! Drowsy but awake is a big joke here! If LO is drowsy and I just try to put him in his crib he will cry or eventually scream. Putting my hand in him only works while he's asleep if he starts wiggling around. I can only put him down asleep.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrs.Castaldi:
    Mine won't either!! Drowsy but awake is a big joke here! If LO is drowsy and I just try to put him in his crib he will cry or eventually scream. Putting my hand in him only works while he's asleep if he starts wiggling around. I can only put him down asleep.

This.
  • My lo does not scream, but she will cry if she's not sleepy enough. Most times she had to be sound asleep before we can put her down. It's gotten worse since we have transitioned to swaddling arms out.

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

• Nope, mine only goes to sleep when put down drowsy about 5% of the time we attempt it. He doesn't start crying/screaming instantly, but does start fussing, which then turns into crying. I am off work soon for the summer, so getting little guy to fall asleep at least mostly on his own will be my project for the summer (without doing CIO). I do not anticipate that it will be easy or fun.

Naps are hard.

• I've been laying LO down drowsy but awake since week 5ish for naps and bedtime in her crib.
    I suggest laying your LO down when you know she is starting to get sleepy, making sure LO has a clean diaper and isn't hungry and just walk away. My LO still cries for a little while but eventually settles down and falls asleep. As long as you know that LO doesn't NEED anything, crying isn't going to hurt her.

• imagebritt1430:
    Yeah I hear you. It's hit and miss. Sometimes we put him down and he is pretty quiet and falls asleep on his own, other times, like last night, he cries and fusses and then gets hysterical and I end up putting him on the boob after trying all that shushing, pacifier, singing crap. Sometimes stuff works, other times, it's like he needs to be grouchy and fuss until he is ready to go down. Also, sometimes it is gas and getting that out helps. I am lost and never know what will work lol. Trial and error and we do what works on any given night!!

This all the way. He's so inconsistent. I mean I know babies are ever changing, but dang I wish a certain thing would work more than once!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My LO wouldn't go to sleep on her own until we put a ceiling fan in her room.  Now she watches that until she falls asleep!  Works like a charm!  Good luck!
  • i lay him down drowsy but awake and then jiggle the crib mattress for 10 seconds by just pressing down on the mattress or I pat his side gently/repeatedly for a bit and then he goes to sleep...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"