May 2013 Moms

How many outfits?

Hi all! I just over heard a few moms talk about how they change their LO's outfit 4 or 5 times a day, and I was all like, "Oh *cough* yeah, me too. Like 12 times a day. All I ever do is laundry and pump." But seriously, I usually keep little Snuffles in the same onsie all day. Actually, I realized yesterday that I didn't even change her outfit from the day before. Woopsies! Am I missing something?

There were a few days when she had a blowout diaper that I changed her outfit mid-day (after a bath), but I don't change it just for the sake of changing it. What about you all?

She is here! 5-29-13

Re: How many outfits?

• She stays in one outfit all day, unless she spits up on it a lot.
    We have so many clothes for her current size that we received as gifts, I don't think she will ever wear them all before outgrowing them. But I'm still not going to change her 4 or 5 times a day just so she can wear them! Who would want extra laundry?!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LN1024LN1024 member

We take M out of his swaddle in the morning and into clean clothes. As long as he doesn't make a mess on them, they stay on all day. Then after bedtime he's in a new sleep sack/swaddler. 

Why are they changing four times a day? 

• Loading the player...
  • If Bram didn't spend most of his time injust a diaper we'd probably change him about this much. But he spits up often and HATES even the tiniest damp spot on his clothes. I don't change him for funsies though.
  • imageLN1024:

We take M out of his swaddle in the morning and into clean clothes. As long as he doesn't make a mess on them, they stay on all day. Then after bedtime he's in a new sleep sack/swaddler. 

OK, good to know I'm not raising the dirty kid! :) 

My guess (after our little poll) is that these moms were having a "whose life is harder" contest. 

She is here! 5-29-13

• I am exactly the way you are OP. We do one outfit per day, and sometimes he wears the same onesie 2 days in a row (he's not sweating or getting it dirty laying in the A/Ced house lol - EVEN in Arizona!!!) It all depends on whether he spits up or pees/poops on the onesie for how many times a day I will change him. We swaddle him at night, but if the onesie he wore is still clean from earlier in the day, he will sleep in it, inside his swaddle me or kiddopotamus.
  • delinodelino member
    She gets a daytime outfit and nighttime outfit. Unless she's pooped, peed or excessively spit up during the day. There have been times that she didn't get a daytime outfit if she woke with a dry and clean onsie that stayed that way and we weren't going anywhere.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageLN1024:
    We take M out of his swaddle in the morning and into clean clothes. As long as he doesn't make a mess on them, they stay on all day. Then after bedtime he's in a new sleep sack/swaddler.nbsp;nbsp;Why are they changing four times a day?nbsp;

This is what we do too.
  • imageArizonaJessika:
    I am exactly the way you are OP. We do one outfit per day, and sometimes he wears the same onesie 2 days in a row (he's not sweating or getting it dirty laying in the A/Ced house lol - EVEN in Arizona!!!) It all depends on whether he spits up or pees/poops on the onesie for how many times a day I will change him. We swaddle him at night, but if the onesie he wore is still clean from earlier in the day, he will sleep in it, inside his swaddle me or kiddopotamus.

This is us exactly. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • KLJ3KLJ3 member
    Before LO transitioned between NB and size 1 diapers, we were going through 5 outfits a day sometimes. Holy pee! Now, we change him once a day [if it's cooler at night and he needs long sleeves].

The last couple days have been super hot, though, so sometimes we'll do a change out of sweaty clothes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We don't change him for fun but there are days when he goes through several outfits from leaking diapers, poopsplosions during diaper changes, or spit up. Yesterday he managed to keep one outfit on but that's because I was too lazy to change it after he spit up once. Otherwise he gets jammies at night and more of an "outfit" during the day.
  • LN1024LN1024 member
    imageAllieAGame:
    imageLN1024:

OK, good to know I'm not raising the dirty kid! :) 

My guess (after our little poll) is that these moms were having a "whose life is harder" contest. 

Ha sounds like it! I never try to encourage my life to be harder than it is, so one outfit a day for M. 

• J just wears pajamas and an outfit during the day.. He only gets changed if there is an accident. If we are running errands I will change him if he gets super sweaty and is wet

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• imagesnowgirl427:
    J just wears pajamas and an outfit during the day.. He only gets changed if there is an accident. If we are running errands I will change him if he gets super sweaty and is wet

This is Autumn too...clean outfit every morning, clean pjs every night. And we change when its needed. Since we got our new cloth diapers tho, she hasn't blown out on her clothes so 99 percent of the time she stays in one outfit.
    Allie, I don't think its a big deal to keep your LO in the same onesie two days in a row since she's not really getting dirty at this point. If it makes your life easier and baby doesn't smell then don't worry about it, you're not a dirty mom!
    EDIT: mobile bumping
  • Before LO was born, I thought I'd change her outfit multiple times for fun and so she'd get a chance to wear everything.... HA! I just change her when necessary before going out, after a poop explosion, too much spit up or after a bath
  • G stays in the same outfit all day unless he spits up a lot or pees/poos on it.  If it's a cool night, I'll change him into a sleeper for bedtime.  Usually, it's 1 outfit per day, but one day he went through 3 of them.
  • I only change LO if he spits up or poos/pees on himself.  In a normal day, he wears a onesie & pants, and then we'll change him into a sleeper at night.

I will say that my first was a world class puker & we would have to change her after nearly every feeding (even with a bib on).  The laundry was ridiculous, between the burp clothes, bibs & clothes, I was doing a load a day.  Don't feel bad for having a clean baby :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think wearing an outfit for a day or two is perfectly normal. She had 3 outfits on one day because 1.the current thing she was wearing was 2 days old. 2. the 2nd outfit got #2 all over it from a massive poop. 

I don't think she'll ever wear all these clothes..she's growing out of them too quick! 

Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yup. One outfit for day and one for night. Unless we have a diaper blowout like today.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I change his "outfit" during the day if he spits up or has a blow out, or if we are going somewhere where he would need to be dressed for warmer or colder weather.

otherwise he is in the same onesie until his bathtime at night.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagedelino:
    She gets a daytime outfit and nighttime outfit. Unless she's pooped, peed or excessively spit up during the day. There have been times that she didn't get a daytime outfit if she woke with a dry and clean onsie that stayed that way and we weren't going anywhere.

this is us too! 

Me: 32
    DH: 35
    DD #1: 6/1/2013
    EDD #2: 6/7/2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"