July 2013 Moms

so so hot

i cant stand it... i am going to die from this heat and the AC is in the livingroom and our bedrooms are way upstairs. my bedroom door has to stay shut because i have 2 cats that keep wanting to get in the baby stuff and lay on it so sleeping in there is crazy hot... i tried to lay there as long as i could with dh but it was so bad i thought i was going to get sick... i feel bad i cant sleep with him tonight. i dont . get how him and the kids are dealing with the heat up there.. any ways you ladies are dealing with heat?

Re: so so hot

• imageTammyhull82:
    i cant stand it... i am going to die from this heat and the AC is in the livingroom and our bedrooms are way upstairs. my bedroom door has to stay shut because i have 2 cats that keep wanting to get in the baby stuff and lay on it so sleeping in there is crazy hot... i tried to lay there as long as i could with dh but it was so bad i thought i was going to get sick... i feel bad i cant sleep with him tonight. i dont . get how him and the kids are dealing with the heat up there.. any ways you ladies are dealing with heat?

If I were you I would sleep in the living room. DH and I haven't been sleeping in the same bed for a couple months. He is in DDs bed and she sleeps with me, he moves way too much and wakes me up. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I feel you! We're stationed in Germany where they don't allow AC and it was in the 90s all last week. I was dying!!
  • Loading the player...
  • You can get a small fan and just let it blow in your face, Ice water, take all of your clothes off. It gets better, I was like that for a couple of days. Then I returned to normal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • spb27spb27 member
    I feel bad for you bc my room has AC and a fan and I have the covers off bc I'm hot. I could just imagine how you feel. I say sleep in the living room.
  • Another vote here on sleeping in the livingroom. Hope it gets better for ya!
  • imageWhisktangofox:
    I feel you! We're stationed in Germany where they don't allow AC and it was in the 90s all last week. I was dying!!

They don't allow AC?
  • We have central AC but live in a 3rd floor apartment in freakin Texas so it's hard to cool it down past 78 or so after a 100 degree day. I sleep in a sports bra and panties and will use ice packs to get me really cold so I can fall asleep. I also have a ceiling fan and a tower fan in my bedroom. It's annoying to have to do so much but it helps me sleep!

• What are you going to do after the baby comes just out of curiosity? Can you get a window unit for your room? I would suggest training the animals to stay out of the baby stuff now.
  • We covered all our baby stuff with foil to keep the cat from sleeping on stuff.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• i did end up sleeping in the living room last night. it was nice but not very comfy lol.. i could try to train the cats not to go in the baby stuff but dh still dont like them in the room at all cause of cat hair on the bed and he has a little biy of an allergy to them.the one cat i could find a new home but my other i cant. i have had her for 10 years... but thanks for the ideas.. i may have to try them out.. im going to have to get another fan and AC for the upstairs for sure. my poor kids had to have been hot last night. and wow it gets much hotter where some of you ladies are.. i dont know how i could handle that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"