February 2013 Moms

"Your baby looks just like...!"

A friend commented that DS looks just like Simon Pegg.  Since I don't find Simon Pegg to be nice looking, I'm not a huge fan of that comparison.  Has anyone told you that your LO looks like someone you don't find attractive?

Re: "Your baby looks just like...!"

• Okay, well I had to google Simon Pegg because I had no clue who that was. And then I felt dumb because he's on that show everyone is always talking about that I've never seen.  (Someone on here will probably die upon hearing this!) 

Annnyhow, I don't think Simon Pegg is all that bad looking!  However, he looks an awful lot like my DH, who also looks an awful lot like the lead singer in Phish.  :)  None has commented on who my kids look like famous wise because the first thing out of everyone's mouth, strangers and relatives, is "Oh my god!  He looks exactly like YOU!"  My kids are the spitting image of me/my dad.  The little one is very chubby though and sometimes I call him "Toad" because I think he looks a bit like a toad. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • No one in particular, but I'm not going to lie, DD could easily be mistaken as a boy, and she gets it all the time. Even if we have her in a dress or completely pink outfit, people still ask what "his" name is. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had to Google him too, your son totally looks like him!(sorry! I know you just said you didn't like that) ...but your baby is so cute, and I love that picture of him, it always gets a smile out of me :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagelbonga1:
    No one in particular, but I'm not going to lie, DD could easily be mistaken as a boy, and she gets it all the time. Even if we have her in a dress or completely pink outfit, people still ask what "his" name is.nbsp;

Same problem but opposite gender. For some reason people mistake DS for a girl. I think it's the long eyelashes. It's OK though, I'm jealous of those lashes!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • imagekbates85:
    imagelbonga1:
    No one in particular, but I'm not going to lie, DD could easily be mistaken as a boy, and she gets it all the time. Even if we have her in a dress or completely pink outfit, people still ask what "his" name is.nbsp;

Same problem but opposite gender. For some reason people mistake DS for a girl. I think it's the long eyelashes. It's OK though, I'm jealous of those lashes!

Yep, DS got his dad's beautiful, long, curly lashes. I'm fully jealous.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMeggiemuggins:
    A friend commented that DS looks just like Simon Pegg.  Since I don't find Simon Pegg to be nice looking, I'm not a huge fan of that comparison.  Has anyone told you that your LO looks like someone you don't find attractive?

I saw your siggy the other night  and asked DH if your LO looked like Simon Pegg, and he said no, but I totally see the resemblance! I happen to think he has these really cute qualities about him and thought it was darling that your DS looks so much like him. 

For DD, my sister said she looked like a fraggle for a long time after she was born. And someone else said she has "cute, beady eyes." I've never found beady eyes to be cute, so that doesn't work! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• imageRunaway22:
    imagekbates85:
    imagelbonga1:
    Yep, DS got his dad's beautiful, long, curly lashes. I'm fully jealous.

So did our DS. No one has mistaken him for a girl, but one of my friends the other day told me she thought he looked like our other mutual friends' kids who are both girls...and who we are in no way related to, lol. 

• My baby looks like the turtle guy from the Master of Disguise if she's doing the right thing with her neck. I'll be the first to admit it. I had a good laugh over it when I noticed. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sometimes my DS will get this solemn look and sort of pooch his bottom lip out, not as much as a pouty lip, just sort of turn it out and my mom always says it's his Winston Churchill impression! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My daughter looks just like my sister! It's so amazing how strong genetics can be.  Literally, every family member looks at her and says "Wow, just like your sister!"  But my sister is a pretty girl, so i'm happy. 
  • MBush4MBush4 member
    No one has mentioned DS looking like someone famous or unattractive. But they ALL say he is DH's mini.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• Most people say DS looks like dh,but he in no way does.  He looks like my dad.  But dh says he makes my sexy face, and it freaks him out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"