May 2013 Moms

Dr. Sears vs. CDC vax schedule

Which are you following?

I'm leaning toward Dr. Sears' schedule because they are more spread out, yet still thoroughly covered.

There are always people on here that have done more research than I have, so opinions are welcome.

FTR, I'm not interested in skipping any vaccinations, and I did allow the hep shot at the hospital. It's the big clusters of shots I'm concerned about. 

Re: Dr. Sears vs. CDC vax schedule

• I haven't seen Dr Sears schedule but we plan on spreading them out. I don't even like giving my dog too many any once. Also, not skipping them. But planning on spreading out a bit.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagenola78:
    Spreading out vaccinations still leads to an increased risk.  The CDC's schedule is based on extensive research and that is what I'll be following.

This.

I can understand spreading them out if your LO has a bad reaction to them, but I don't know why you would do it "just because". I would rather my kids have 1 crummy night than get a horrible preventable illness or give someone else a horrible preventable illness. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageShantxtell:
    imageMomlovesEloise:

imagenola78:
    Spreading out vaccinations still leads to an increased risk.  The CDC's schedule is based on extensive research and that is what I'll be following.

This.

I can understand spreading them out if your LO has a bad reaction to them, but I don't know why you would do it "just because". I would rather my kids have 1 crummy night than get a horrible preventable illness or give someone else a horrible preventable illness. 

All of this.
    Eh, what do Doctors and Scientists know anyways.... Totes do what you want. :: insert winky face::

As someone who totally respects science I have to say I don't always trust doctors. After being misdiagnosed, and given completely wrong info by doctors I don't always believe what they say verbatim. I have been put on many medications for things that can be fixed on diet. And told I was basically crazy when a medication the doc prescribed was causing me to me malnourished and basically have my body shut down. They said "it wasn't the meds," yet when I stopped them I got better. So when it comes to pharmaceuticals I don't always follow every word the doc says.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageNJAZgirl:
    imageShantxtell:
    imageMomlovesEloise:

imagenola78:

This.

All of this. Eh, what do Doctors and Scientists know anyways.... Totes do what you want. :: insert winky face::
    As someone who totally respects science I have to say I don't always trust doctors. After being misdiagnosed, and given completely wrong info by doctors I don't always believe what they say verbatim. I have been put on many medications for things that can be fixed on diet. And told I was basically crazy when a medication the doc prescribed was causing me to me malnourished and basically have my body shut down. They said "it wasn't the meds," yet when I stopped them I got better. So when it comes to pharmaceuticals I don't always follow every word the doc says.

It would be one thing if it was 1 dr saying stick to the regular sched, and a whole bunch of them saying spread them out.  But Dr Sears is one Dr, why trust him?

Do the research on this guy.  The CDC doesnt even agree with him.  And their Drs are highly trained.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I'm going to follow our pediatrician's schedule, which I assume matches the CDC, which is the same thing we did with DD#1 without any issues. In my opinion there is a greater risk in making a zillion trips to a germ infested pediatricians office than there is following a schedule developed by the CDC. Not to mention, I do not want to put LO through all of those extra pokes!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    imageMomlovesEloise:

imagenola78:

This.

H has very strong reactions to vaccines. His immune system goes into overdrive, his lymph nodes swell, he gets a fever, etc.

That makes me nervous. I guess more for the first cluster. I just want to tread carefully. And then if he handles them well, I'm good to go for the rest.

I'm just a nervous nelly, and like A PP said, I've had bad experiences with my medical care, so I'm not quite as trusting.

Edited for mobile typos
  • imageBlueyed228:
    imageNJAZgirl:
    imageShantxtell:
    imageMomlovesEloise:

imagenola78:

This.

All of this.
    Eh, what do Doctors and Scientists know anyways.... Totes do what you want. :: insert winky face::

It would be one thing if it was 1 dr saying stick to the regular sched, and a whole bunch of them saying spread them out.  But Dr Sears is one Dr, why trust him?

Do the research on this guy.  The CDC doesnt even agree with him.  And their Drs are highly trained.

I really had no idea who Dr Sears is or that he recommended this. I just like the idea of not injecting numerous substances at once. My pedi said that while they recommend the CDC schedule, his own daughter has chosen to spread shots out for her son. He said he has no problem with it.
  • I am doing on time according to the CDC.  If there was scientific evidence of problems associated with multiple shots at once, then the CDC would change their recommendations.  
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    I'm probably going to listen to the pedi. I waffle on these things, but then usually end up chickening out of not following advice.

H is going to that appt. He can explain his reaction, and then the pedi can decide if it warrants a cautious approach to the first round or not.
  • imagekmcd23:
    I'm probably going to listen to the pedi. I waffle on these things, but then usually end up chickening out of not following advice. H is going to that appt. He can explain his reaction, and then the pedi can decide if it warrants a cautious approach to the first round or not.

I think with your husband's history it makes you a very smart momma to question the best way to do this. Like I said before- I plan to go with whatever the pedi says, but if I had something in my history like you guys do, I'd definitely be bringing it up. For instance- when DD#1 was a baby, the recommendation was to start solids between 4-6 months. But because my brother has a ton of food allergies, I brought it up to the pediatrician and he recommended we wait at least 6, if not 8 months because of our history.  So sometimes it's really based on the individual history.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • LN1024LN1024 member
    We are going with the CDC. If a group of professionals all agree, then it makes sense on what is best. 
  • We spaced out DS's vaccines and will do the same with DD (receives all the same vaccines, but instead of 4 at the 2 month appointment, she receives 2 and then 2 a month later). You need to do your research and ultimately make the decision you feel comfortable with.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"