2nd Trimester

Chinese gender chart

Those of you that have had your anatomy scan and found out sex, was Chinese gender chart accurate? I am 14 weeks, and it says boy, but I did a gender pee test and it says girl! So just wondering about the truth to it. My friends have swore by it.

Re: Chinese gender chart

• A gender pee test? How is your urine any different due to gender???

And the chinese gender thing was correct for me, says girl having girl. But, it's just like any OWT and has a 50% accuracy.  

imageimage
    Anniversary

• Mine was wrong it told me we were having a girl, and at my 20 week ultrasound there was denying that it was a boy. 

I think you have a 50 - 50 chance some people have experienced it to be correct whereas I did not, but it can still be fun to look into the different myths of prediction of what your baby will be. I did a lot of em just for fun and some were right and some were wrong. 

Although i  never took the gender urine test, I don't know how your urine can determine the sex of a baby. Cause i'm sure if was an accurate thing it would be used at the doctors office.  

Best of luck. 

heather.ann
  • Loading the player...
  • The gender pee test is like the OWT of peeing on draino and watching for it to change blue or green. Its just a fun thing to do, but the results have poor accuracy due to irregular hormone levels in the "unaverage" woman.
  • First baby- Chart says boy, I had a girl!

Second baby- Chart says boy, I had another girl!

Current pregnancy- Chart says girl, July 15th is when we'll know if the chart gets 3 strikes or if it is finally right.

Honestly, none of those tests have any science behind them. Unless you go for the blood work or ultrasound, even then there is some room for error.

imageimage    
    imageimage
  • Chinese gender chart and most OWT were wrong for us.  
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It was right for me both times.

The pee test means absolutely nothing.

• The Chinese gender chart was wrong both times for me.

• The "pee" test is a bunch of crap and you wasted your money. 

Gender chart was wrong for me, said boy but I am having a girl.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It was wrong! It said boy, but I'm having a girl. 

• Chinese gender chart was right for my first pregnancy but wrong for this one.
  • So far it's been 50/50 for me. We'll see about this pregnancy. It says girl, and I am willing to bet money that it is indeed a girl, but will not have my anatomy scan for another 4 weeks so we will see.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sorry. But I hate these questions even though I full admit to overanalyzing it myself.

The Chinese Gender chart is simply not that simple and has far too much user error involved.  For instance, is conception date your last LMP or when you actually ovulated.  I think ovulation,  but the chart goes by LMP I'm pretty sure (at least on the ones that calculate it for you). Also, BabyCenter's chart goes by lunar calendar, not regular.  TB's doesn't.  So which one are you going with?

Also, I read that the stupid gender pee test is really just a PH predictor.  Drink something really acidic and you will most likely get a different result. As far as we know, baby's DNA is not in our pee.

ETA:  to answer your question:

The Baby Center one (goes by lunar age) was right this time (I entered due date, not conception) and wrong for DD1.

The Bump chart (goes by regular age) was wrong this time but right for DD.

• It was wrong for me. It has a fifty fifty chance of being right just like a random guess.

• Mine was right but I still don't believe the chart. My boy friend also tied a ring to a string and placed it over my belly and said o wow its a girl. So that was right too but I just believe a vagina or penis when my baby comes..

ultrasound at 18 weeks and its a girl

• esf60esf60 member
    it was right for me. chart said girl, and i'm having a girl.

• Yes it was right.

I didnt put much stock into it though.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Baby #1, chart said Girl, we had a Girl

Baby#2, chart said Boy, we had a girl

Baby#3 chart said Boy, we just found out Girl. Could change.

• It was wrong for me for all three.
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersimage
  • Chinese gender chart said I was having a boy, turns out I am having a girl!  I also did the wedding ring tied to a string test and the baking soda and pee test and those said I was having girl.
  • TB chart said boy and lunar one (as PP mentioned) said girl, we are having a boy.
  • I guarantee I could make a random chart with B's and G's and I'd get a 50% accuracy rate.  I understand why people "look" at it, but to give it any sort of thought or weight (ie, posting as to whether it was "correct"), is ridiculous.  Just because a "g" showed up for your month and age and you're having a girl doesn't mean it was "correct."  If I were team green and I flipped a coin and said "heads it's a boy, tails it's a girl", and it landed on heads, and then I actually had a boy, it doesn't mean the coin was "right."

And wow, do I wish I were the diabolical genius that came up with a pee test to determine the sex of a baby.  They sell those things to thousands of unsuspecting women who don't do any research and they make a fortune.  There is NOTHING in your urine that can determine the sex of the child you are carrying...PERIOD. 

ETA: Depends on which chart you look at.  It's about 50/50 for both my pregnancies.  Imagine that.

• imagelrachelle80:

S/O pee tests - you could also pee on a maple leaf, I've heard, and if it gets wet, it's a 50% chance that it's a boy!

ROFL, bravo! 

imageimage
    Anniversary

• It was wrong for us. It said boysters and we're having a girl.

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • The Chinese gender chart said I was going to have a girl my first two pregnancies. I had a boy each time. This time the chart said I was going to have a boy. I am having a girl. Its been wrong all 3 times for me.

• The Chinese gender chart was right for me.

1st baby said girl we had a girl

2nd baby said boy we had a boy

3rd baby said boy we had a boy

4th baby said boy we had a boy

5th baby says girl, the verdict is out on this one until we find out around 16-17 weeks.

• Chinese gender chart was right both times for me!!

First time said girl we had a girl
    This time said boy and sure enough ultrasound confirmed we are having a boy! It's based on the actual day you conceived though not when you had your last period...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The Chinese sex chart was wrong both times for me. DD is not a boy, and this boy is not a girl. And the current sex is 100% thanks to the Verfi test.
  • Chinese gender chart was right for me.
  • ABrennABrenn member
    It was wrong for me.  Chart said Boy, but we are having a Girl :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It was wrong for me the first time around, said girl and I had a boy.
    This time it says girl, I find out Friday if that is true. 
    photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • All the old wives tale things told me I was having a girl. Chinese gender chart, needle on a string over hand, peeing on baking soda, fast heart rate, etc. I was so convinced I was having a girl. NOPE!! I had a gender determination ultrasound at 15 weeks which said boy, and then at my 20 week anatomy scan it confirmed boy. I too had friends that swore by the chinese gender chart.
  • Mine was right for my first child but wrong for this one. Like pp said, all those tests have a 50 chance if being right and my children are living statistics haha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

• Said I was having a boy and were having a GIRL!!! Suprise suprise. your having a girl =)
  • sam744sam744 member
    Well I asked if it was accurate I didn't say it was accurate did I? I don't understand why ppl write such nasty comments. I asked if it had been right! Not that I believe it! Goodness!
  • imagesam744:
    Well I asked if it was accurate I didn't say it was accurate did I? I don't understand why ppl write such nasty comments. I asked if it had been right! Not that I believe it! Goodness!

Clutch those pearls!!! LOL

The fact that you had to even ask if it was accurate shows that you're putting some sort of weight into it.  OF COURSE it's not accurate.  You have a 50/50 shot of it being "right."  You don't honestly think that a chart full of random pink and blue can actually "predict" what the sex of your child is, right? 

• sam744sam744 member
    I am a first time mom and wanted to see if it was accurate for anyone.I don't need ppl to be rude in response. Plus I am not the type of person to argue out on a message board too busy for that. Thank you for coming back to this post though=]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"