April 2013 Moms

Never again Huggies!

I don't get it. When I was pregnant someone have us a diaper cake with Huggies size 1. Since they were nice enough to send me coupons, I bought a box the other day.....BIG mistake. Every day since DD has blown them out. At first I thought she was just having some poopsplosions.....but really, multiple times a day she poops through the diaper all over her clothes....she is literally leaking much less in the LUVS diapers we inherited.

Never again.....these things are brutal.

ETA: the diaper cake diapers were fine when we used them...I used them when she started on size 1 diapers.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

Re: Never again Huggies!

• EVERY mom in my new moms group says this about huggies, but we've gone from NB to size 1 to size 2 with no issues... I wonder if it has to do with baby shape / proportions - James has super chunky thighs so maybe they stay tighter to his legs and thus don't leak??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I didn't mind the newborn and size ones...but the twos are terrible! 
    Bradley Houston - 04.01.13
  • Loading the player...
  • We have been using mostly pampers but were given some huggies. Just got around to opening the size 1 and the back is so narrow! LO has blown out of these and they don't hold as much pee. Eventhough the weight is up to 14 and she is at 12.
    We were given a big box of size 2 so I'm planning in using them early. Hopefully they hold.
    I feel your pain. Like we don't already have enough laundry to do.
  • No idea..... Our issues our more in the back than the legs through. It's like they don't go high enough so every poop goes up the back through her clothes. Drives me nuts!

My SIL says they are better on boys than girls...not sure if that's true.

Of course I am too cheap to waste half a box of diapers so looks like extra laundry is in my future!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

• imageJSS1002:
    EVERY mom in my new moms group says this about huggies, but we've gone from NB to size 1 to size 2 with no issues... I wonder if it has to do with baby shape / proportions - James has super chunky thighs so maybe they stay tighter to his legs and thus don't leak??

same here but then again my little one has chunky thighs too

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I hate Huggies too!!
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • imageMommy2BEL:
    This happened to us too! Newborn and size 1...blowouts! We love pampers!

This 100%

• Pampers Rule.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • imageskidderdo:
    Pampers Rule.

Totally agree ! My dd had a horrible rash whenever we put Huggies diapers on her , so we switched to pampers and haven't had rash since ! We received pampers for my baby shower and our on our second box of those , we did receive a box of diapers that are babies r us brand :/ anyone have experience with those ???
  • imageJBDamonM:
    No idea..... Our issues our more in the back than the legs through. It's like they don't go high enough so every poop goes up the back through her clothes. Drives me nuts! My SIL says they are better on boys than girls...not sure if that's true. Of course I am too cheap to waste half a box of diapers so looks like extra laundry is in my future!

I heard they were better on girls. We had 3 blowouts in 2 days with huggies size 1. I would rather throw away the diapers than clothes (had to throw away 2 of the outfits since they were stained so bad I didn't bother to wash them). 

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• A good friend of mine has 2 girls.  She hated huggies, she liked target diapers.

We've been using pampers and haven't had a single issue.  :D 

• imagehatroopes:

imageJBDamonM:
    No idea..... Our issues our more in the back than the legs through. It's like they don't go high enough so every poop goes up the back through her clothes. Drives me nuts!

Of course I am too cheap to waste half a box of diapers so looks like extra laundry is in my future!

I heard they were better on girls. We had 3 blowouts in 2 days with huggies size 1. I would rather throw away the diapers than clothes (had to throw away 2 of the outfits since they were stained so bad I didn't bother to wash them). 

What a waste. Soak them for an hour before washing and they'd be fine.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagercantor:
    imagehatroopes:

imageJBDamonM:
    No idea..... Our issues our more in the back than the legs through. It's like they don't go high enough so every poop goes up the back through her clothes. Drives me nuts! My SIL says they are better on boys than girls...not sure if that's true. Of course I am too cheap to waste half a box of diapers so looks like extra laundry is in my future!

Meh...she was outgrowing them anyway - I didn't want to soak a ***-stained outfit. 

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• imageMommyP26:
    imageskidderdo:
    Pampers Rule.

Totally agree ! My dd had a horrible rash whenever we put Huggies diapers on her , so we switched to pampers and haven't had rash since ! We received pampers for my baby shower and our on our second box of those , we did receive a box of diapers that are babies r us brand :/ anyone have experience with those ???

I didn't care for the babies r us brand. I thought they were too plasticky feeling and they don't have have the indicator strip that let's you know when they're wet. I got spoiled with that.

My folks got me a box of the Costco brand and I'm loving them!!
  • We are on size two Huggies without day to day issues. We had blowouts/leakage trying to use up size ones before twos but once we changed we were fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • So glad we're using cloth now. No more poop blow outs. 

I can't believe people throw out clothes just because there's a little (or a lot) poop on them. Just rinse and soak or spray with oxiclean. The sun will take out stains too. 

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • imageKatie6380:
    imageMommyP26:
    imageskidderdo:
    Pampers Rule.
    I didn't care for the babies r us brand. I thought they were too plasticky feeling and they don't have have the indicator strip that let's you know when they're wet. I got spoiled with that. My folks got me a box of the Costco brand and I'm loving them!!

FYI, Costco diapers are Huggies.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My son poops through them also. I love pampers. :-)
  • imageJSS1002:

imageKatie6380:
    imageMommyP26:
    imageskidderdo:
    Pampers Rule.

I didn't care for the babies r us brand. I thought they were too plasticky feeling and they don't have have the indicator strip that let's you know when they're wet. I got spoiled with that.

Are you saying Kirkland brand equals Huggies? Or just that Costco sells Huggies?

ETA: mobile bump ate my equal sign
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oops you guys are right! It is girls that the Huggies are supposed to be better with! I had it backwards!

I also tried a small pack of Targeta up and up and loved them! I plan on using those to send to daycare when LO starts.

• imageDebbie0580:
    imageJSS1002:

imageKatie6380:
    imageMommyP26:
    imageskidderdo:
    Pampers Rule.

Are you saying Kirkland brand equals Huggies? Or just that Costco sells Huggies?

Kirkland brand is huggies.

We never had a problem with those or huggies with my son but my daughter has had multiple blowout per day with huggies. In pampers she's fine. We always got our diapers from Costco for my son but they don't sell pampers so I guess we'll be shopping elsewhere for her.
  • Pampers gave my ds1 a rash so I am afraid to try them again. I will say that they are softer and overall nicer than huggies. I started with the huggies because ds1 had blowouts up the back and huggies have a strip that used to hold the poo back.
  • With DS, he leaked out of Pampers every time he peed. DD hasn't had leak issues but I hate the way they fit. We'vemoved to Huggies and I much prefer the way they fit. I think it is her chunky thighs. DS had the same thighs.
  • Yes, Kirkland brand diapers are made by Huggies.  It actually says so on the box somewhere.

I have always been told Huggies for boys, Pampers for girls,, but James has been fine in both and in Up and Up.  I guess we just got lucky.  Frankly, I just like the ones with the moisture strip to show if they peed or not, no matter what brand!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • elbouelbou member

image24ladybug:
    We have been using mostly pampers but were given some huggies. Just got around to opening the size 1 and the back is so narrow! LO has blown out of these and they don't hold as much pee. Even though the weight is up to 14 and she is at 12. We were given a big box of size 2 so I'm planning in using them early. Hopefully they hold. I feel your pain. Like we don't already have enough laundry to do.

The sizes overlap. Most size 2 start about 12 lbs. Most of the times I have had major blow-outs were due to needing to go up a size, regardless of brand. I have switched back and forth between Pampers and Huggies for all of my kids (2 girls and a boy) so far, depending on which one is on sale, and have had equal success with both brands on all 3 kids.

• It's weird, but newborn Huggies didn't work for the twins at all, but size 1 works great. They were also great for my son and still are. But we never used newborns on him at all. Also, even though a diaper says it goes to a weight range, doesn't mean your kid is still fitting in those diapers. If you are exploding out of them, you might need the next size up, especially since you said the diaper cake dipes were ok. Why would they have suddenly gotten horrible?

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• imagehatroopes:
    imagercantor:
    imagehatroopes:

imageJBDamonM:
    No idea..... Our issues our more in the back than the legs through. It's like they don't go high enough so every poop goes up the back through her clothes. Drives me nuts!

Meh...she was outgrowing them anyway - I didn't want to soak a ***-stained outfit. 

You don't even have to soak them, just wash right away. As long as the poop isn't allowed to dry, it comes right out.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• imageAnnieJar:
    imageDebbie0580:
    imageJSS1002:

Kirkland brand is huggies.

We never had a problem with those or huggies with my son but my daughter has had multiple blowout per day with huggies. In pampers she's fine. We always got our diapers from Costco for my son but they don't sell pampers so I guess we'll be shopping elsewhere for her.

Wow. News to me. Not that I use Kirkland brand or Huggies. That just surprised me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hhmm never had a problem with them. Pampers gave him a terrible rash and luvs are ok they were bigger and noisy. Sounds like he was wrapped in a walmart bag. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"