Breastfeeding

help! increasing milk supply options?

I've heard of mothers milk tea, but what are my other options ? I'm sort of lost on this whole thing. I went from pumping 4 to 5 oz to half an oz. I started slacking on pumping and now im regretting it. I'm also going to try bfing again soon after my son gets his tongue clipped and im scared that i am going to dry up!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: help! increasing milk supply options?

• I had issues with low supply as well, and I tried absolutely everything under the sun. Nothing worked and a lot of it made things worse (like fenugreek and reglan...not fun side effects for me!). 

Finally I ditched all of that and just pumped like a madwoman. Every two hours, no matter what. My supply doubled in about two weeks, and I was able to got to pumping every 3-3.5 hours, and a bit longer at night.

I just recently switched back over to nursing from exclusive pumping, so it can be done! Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nothing worked for me, except domperidone.  You can get it at inhousepharmacy.biz. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagewedsept:
    Nothing worked for me, except domperidone.  You can get it at inhousepharmacy.biz. 

Nothing worked for me either. I tried brewer's yeast, mother milk tea, motherlove special blend, fenugreek + blessed thistle, not a single one (if it did, I didn't even notice it was such a small amount). I'm currently taking Domperidone, ordered from inhousepharmacy.biz - I've only been taking a week and have noticed a small increase but I was also on my period so I think that was affecting output as well.

Originally, I could pump 4 oz. per session, got down to about 2 oz. per session and after taking domperidone this past week, I'm getting about 3.5 oz. per session so I like to think it's working, just upped dosage to 80 mg/day.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I started taking gaia lactation supplement and had a noticeable increase in less than 48 hours

• imageBeautyfromAshes:
    I had issues with low supply as well, and I tried absolutely everything under the sun. Nothing worked and a lot of it made things worse like fenugreek and reglan...not fun side effects for me!.nbsp;Finally I ditched all of that and just pumped like a madwoman. Every two hours, no matter what. My supply doubled in about two weeks, and I was able to got to pumping every 33.5 hours, and a bit longer at night. I just recently switched back over to nursing from exclusive pumping, so it can be done! Good luck!nbsp;

This. No amount of fenugreek, oatmeal, water, food, etc made a dent in my supply except pumping like a madwoman. I spent nearly 8 hours a day attached to that damn machine those first 3 months while my girls were in the NICU. Now I'm down to 7 sessions a day around 3ish hours of pumping a day total.
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Drink lots and lots and lots of water.

Eat, you need the calories - oatmeal is a great breakfast also asparagus, quinoa, fennel, flax, alfalfa and red raspberry leaf. Avoid sage, peppermint, wintergreen and comfrey tea, sassafras tea, ginsing tea and licorice tea. you can try lactation cookies and Fenugreek, it did nothing but give both of us gas I am getting ready to try golacta.

Also, drink a dark beer before bed and lots of skin to skin I know that a tough one Wink.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I used Lactiful Supply Max and it worked wonders for me. It's expensive, but for me it was totally worth it because I never had to give an ounce of formula, breastfed until my babe was over 2, and was also working and pumping while at work! Their website also has a great section with advice and tips, this is one of their articles on 11 ways to increase your supply: 

https://lactiful.com/blog/increase-milk-supply/11-ways-to-increase-milk-supply 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"