May 2013 Moms

Oh, the irony...

Remember way back when [it seems so long ago now], back when we were pregnant? Getting up several times in the night to pee, and NOT being able to go back to sleep? I remember staring at the woefully slow message board...it was 3am, after all...desperately wishing for entertainment or sleep.

Now, even though I'm only getting up 2 or 3 times a night with LO, I'm falling asleep as I hold him! Whatever happened to that vim and vigor we were cursed with during our pregnancy pee breaks?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Oh, the irony...

• Ah so true! I get more sleep now with a newborn than I did throughout my pregnancy. Pregnancy was exhausting for me.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • So true! Although I will say that in the morning I am exhausted, although within minutes of moving I find myself awake.

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Loading the player...
  • I would never say that I miss bedrest, but what I do miss is all the extra naps! Just laying on the couch all day and dozing off whenever the mood struck. That part was cool.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    Despite the bouts of insomnia, I got some of the best sleep of my life while pregnant. So deep, so relaxed. I feel like I'll never get that again now, and I miss it.
  • Yes, why could I not sleep while pregnant when I had all the time in the world and now I have no time yet no trouble sleeping?!
  • pnutgpnutg member
    imageannagrya:
    Yes, why could I not sleep while pregnant when I had all the time in the world and now I have no time yet no trouble sleeping?!

This is so me.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Very true!  Except for some reason at night I am literally falling asleep while LO is on the breast, but during the day I can't seem to nap. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagekmcd23:
    Despite the bouts of insomnia, I got some of the best sleep of my life while pregnant. So deep, so relaxed. I feel like I'll never get that again now, and I miss it.

I was the same way. I slept great pregnant for the most part. Other than the pee trips.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagestar510:
    Very true!  Except for some reason at night I am literally falling asleep while LO is on the breast, but during the day I can't seem to nap. 

me too! Cannot sleep during the day to save my life.
  • Can't sleep then, can't sleep now. Maybe I will sleep once the kids are all grown up and moved out!
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"