Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Painting nails

When will you first paint your LO's nails/toe nails? Or have you already?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Painting nails

• Options

DH said not until she's three.

DD points out my painted toenails all the time and has asked for hers done a couple of times, but DH says no way.  

• Options
    i waited until DD1 was 2 for her first time. DD2 has already gotten hers done.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I would do it now... They sell Piggy paint which the doc says is ok since its all natural and water based.... I def. wanted to wait until she was over a year for sure.
  • Options

3 years old.  I am in the cosmetics industry, and that is what my toxicologist advises.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

She's 15 months.  I already tried doing her toenails but I only got 3 done before she freaked out.  Now I feel bad because I used regular nailpolish and I'm thinking I probably should have used something more kid friendly. 

I won't do her fingernails until she's at least 3.  She has her hands in her mouth all the time.

• Options
    Danaz1Danaz1 member
    Dd just had her fingernails painting at 2 1/2
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Leap08Leap08 member
    I did DD1s toes for the first time when she was 2 - I didn't do fingers until she was 3 because she put her hands in her mouth a lot. I've already done DD2s toes, but I won't do her fingers until she stops putting her hand in her mouth so much.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No idea, but it will be awhile.  She's gather hands in her mouth constantly and would never be still enough for me to do it now.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
    I would do them now but she would have to be sound asleep. There is no way she would stay still to have them painted.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Her teenage babysitter did her toes at like 11 months the first time. I thought she was a bit young but she was having fun so whatever.

She's now a bit shy of 2 and I've done her toes twice a few times off and on since then. She thinks it's great and it's great and asks to do it.

She'll be school age before I think about finger nails though.

• Options
    I painted DD's toes around 6 months for a trip out west. A few months ago she started asking to get her nails painted and pointing to mine saying "pretty." I do hers now from time to time. If I'm doing mine she'll want hers done. She sits still, she loves showing them off afterwards and they look adorable. I wouldn't force her to sit to get them done but since she likes it I plan to continue as she asks.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Never... JK. Maybe when she is 6 and asks me for it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I just painted Cordelias today for the 1st time :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"