Working Moms

Monday Morning Vents

Anyone?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monday Morning Vents

• LoCarbLoCarb member
    I'm hungover and exhausted from several hours of drinking in the sun. Today is going to suck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Haven't been able to fall asleep, I hate making big decisions...not sure if I should rock the boat, or if this opportunity presenting itself is a good idea. Agh!

I am also faced with trying to bring DH down to earth.  We owned a home previously and when we moved for work were burned by the downfall of the housing market...we have impeccable timing (sarcasm). We rent an Apt in a great area...and it affords us the ability to have some disposable income that I use to pay off our debt, and hopefully start saving for a house really soon (it also allows us some added extras, like fun trips, and what not).  DH wants to rent a house (in the same area) and it will most likely take that cushion away, while I want a house and backyward...I feel like this decision will only prolong home ownership from happening. I have tried stating these concerns, but he seems hell bent on finding a place. I have just become happy knowing we have that cushion. I guess I'm willing to have delayed satisfaction. Another big decision weighing on my mind.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • DH had some very minor surgery on Thursday.  20 minutes, in-office procedure.  It should have meant taking it easy for the rest of the day Thurs and all day Fri, and pretty much back to normal Saturday.  He had some complications.  He's still not back on his feet, and recovery could be weeks away.

I feel terrible for him.  He's uncomfortable, and he's antsy, and he really can't stay off his feet.  

Selfishly, I'm exhausted.  He traveled right up until he had the surgery, so I've been taking care of the kids solo when not at work for the past 10 days.  DD2 has gone back to 2 wake-ups a night, and was up for the day at 5:30am today.  

To top it all off, we just moved, and there's a ton of stuff that needs to be done that I simply can't do.  Boxes that are too heavy to move, furniture that should be moved together, painting that he wants to do himself because he doesn't like the way I do it.

If either of us had known that this complication was a possibility, he would have postponed it. 

• We should get the appraisal and be able to schedule a closing date today.

Based on the experience so far, I am doubtful that this will happen.  I am so stressed about this; DC needs 4 weeks notice (or we pay two DCs, which is what will end up happening I bet),   I need to let the new DC know when DS will start.  My annual girls trip is in July and I bet we move that weekend so I have to miss out.  DH is pissy about our house not being on the market (he refused to list it until we had a closing date and refused to schedule the one critical repair needed before we could list) and I started packing this weekend and feel like we have so much stuff to sort through.  UGH.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • First world problem...my boss told me today he wants me to move offices, because of some staff shuffling that's occurring.  I don't want the trouble of moving, and I like my current office a lot better than the proposed new one, so I'm really bummed.  At least he had the decency to already have thought of getting people to help me move, because he said he knows it's not very kind to ask a pregnant lady to move all her stuff.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"