Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Painting nails

When will you first paint your LO's nails/toe nails? Or have you already?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Painting nails

• DH said not until she's three.

DD points out my painted toenails all the time and has asked for hers done a couple of times, but DH says no way.  

• i waited until DD1 was 2 for her first time. DD2 has already gotten hers done.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I would do it now... They sell Piggy paint which the doc says is ok since its all natural and water based.... I def. wanted to wait until she was over a year for sure.
  • 3 years old.  I am in the cosmetics industry, and that is what my toxicologist advises.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • She's 15 months.  I already tried doing her toenails but I only got 3 done before she freaked out.  Now I feel bad because I used regular nailpolish and I'm thinking I probably should have used something more kid friendly. 

I won't do her fingernails until she's at least 3.  She has her hands in her mouth all the time.

• Danaz1Danaz1 member
    Dd just had her fingernails painting at 2 1/2
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Leap08Leap08 member
    I did DD1s toes for the first time when she was 2 - I didn't do fingers until she was 3 because she put her hands in her mouth a lot. I've already done DD2s toes, but I won't do her fingers until she stops putting her hand in her mouth so much.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • No idea, but it will be awhile.  She's gather hands in her mouth constantly and would never be still enough for me to do it now.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • I would do them now but she would have to be sound asleep. There is no way she would stay still to have them painted.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Her teenage babysitter did her toes at like 11 months the first time. I thought she was a bit young but she was having fun so whatever.

She's now a bit shy of 2 and I've done her toes twice a few times off and on since then. She thinks it's great and it's great and asks to do it.

She'll be school age before I think about finger nails though.

• I painted DD's toes around 6 months for a trip out west. A few months ago she started asking to get her nails painted and pointing to mine saying "pretty." I do hers now from time to time. If I'm doing mine she'll want hers done. She sits still, she loves showing them off afterwards and they look adorable. I wouldn't force her to sit to get them done but since she likes it I plan to continue as she asks.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Never... JK. Maybe when she is 6 and asks me for it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I just painted Cordelias today for the 1st time :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"