Multiples

Birth Announcements - One or Two

Did you do one birth announcement for both babies or one for each?  I thought I would do one for each and told my mom and she thinks I'm nuts. 
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Birth Announcements - One or Two

• I just did one, I found lots of them that seemed specific for twins - two spots for pictures and space below each picture for names, weights, etc.  But I don't think it would be weird to do one for each baby. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I had them both on one announcement but of course listed their information separately and I used individual photos of them. (I SO wish I had gotten pro newborn pics taken! That's one big regret from the first few months.) I really think you can do either; whatever you prefer.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • I also had one announcement for both babies. We got a picture of them together used the photographer that worked at the hospital and birth announcements were part of the package with their info under each baby. I can see why you might want tto have separate birth announcements they are two individuals after all! but, you'd also end up with double the postage, double the envelopes etc...

ETA: Unless you put both in one envelope....duuuuhhh....sorry for the dumb comment; not getting much sleep lately. :p
  • We just did one. I had a sweet pic of them and then put their info on. It was a twin announcement from Shutterfly.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • I just did one with two individual pics and one together. It had each's stats on as well. A graphic designer friend did mine, but there are many sites with twin specific announcements. 
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• We are just going to do one (for both).
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRuthie04:
    I just did one with two individual pics and one together. It had each's stats on as well. A graphic designer friend did mine, but there are many sites with twin specific announcements. 

I had the same thing. I don't think it was supposed to be a twin announcement but it worked that way for me (from shutterfly). I also had the boys birth stats and their "welcomed home" stats for when they got out of the NICU. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I didn't get around to doing birth announcements... but I thought about it! My plan was to just do one that had a picture of each baby and their info printed each in it's own space. 
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • I just did one announcement for both. it was specific for twins. I just did one pic I took with my own camera. It was cute.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• One for both. I have December babies so I actually modified a Christmas card from Shutterfly into pulling double duty as a birth announcement/Christmas card. 
    Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • I'm going to design my own postcard style one for both. a shot of them together, then one of each of them on their own. 

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • I just did one. I had three photos on my announcement. One of them together, and one of each of them alone.... I designed it on shutterfly....
  • jcathjcath member

I did one announcement but using a twin card from tiny prints.  We also sprang for the newborn photos so had a gorgeous picture of the two of them.  

However, if you really want to do two - then go for it.  They are your babies and you get to do what you want :)  It might be neat to do a two sided announcement - one for each 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We did one, but I say do whatever! They're your babies!
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageMelleTX:
    One for both. I have December babies so I actually modified a Christmas card from Shutterfly into pulling double duty as a birth announcement/Christmas card. 

This, although mine were born Oct 29th. I found a photo card at Walmart online with 3 photo spaces & a generous free text space. One photo together (when we did our NB shoot, we did one with both girls in Christmas stockings) and one individual of each. I didn't add their full stats, tho, just names and birthdate.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagehoneybee72:

imageMelleTX:
    One for both. I have December babies so I actually modified a Christmas card from Shutterfly into pulling double duty as a birth announcement/Christmas card. 

This, although mine were born Oct 29th. I found a photo card at Walmart online with 3 photo spaces & a generous free text space. One photo together (when we did our NB shoot, we did one with both girls in Christmas stockings) and one individual of each. I didn't add their full stats, tho, just names and birthdate.

Ditto - I only put names and date. Does anyone really care about weights or length anyway? 

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"