May 2013 Moms

wwyd?

What do you ladies do when you LO is screaming in the car because they are hungry and you still have 30min to get to where ever you are going? Do you stop or just wait?
He would not take a pacifier
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: wwyd?

• With 30 minutes left to go I would stop somewhere and feed her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member

30 minutes is a long time to cry. I'd stop and feed. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagekmcd23:
    30 minutes is a long time to cry. I'd stop and feed.nbsp;

Same.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • pnutgpnutg member
    Stop and feed.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would stop somewhere and feed her even if I only had 15 minutes left. I just can't take it.
  • I stopped to feed 20 min from our destination earlier today
  • Agree with pps, I only have a tolerance for about 5 minutes, otherwise I figure if she is that hungry, we need to stop and feed now.

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• Stop and feed. It would make me physically sick to hear my baby cry hungry for 30 mins.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageannarussell05:
    imageblush64:
    I would stop somewhere and feed her even if I only had 15 minutes left. I just can't take it.

This.
    this for me too.

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• imageLolalipsy:
    Stop and feed. It would make me physically sick to hear my baby cry hungry for 30 mins.

Agreed!
  • Happened to me many, many times. We've had lots of long car rides since the LO was born, unfortunately. I always stop to feed her. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Someone told me that it is legal to nurse in the back of the car while driving. I EP so I never looked it up to double check because it didn't apply to me. However, that may be something to look up if you have another long trip.
  • Stop and feed. Having a hungry baby is pretty much the worse thing ever!
  • image1and1is3:
    Someone told me that it is legal to nurse in the back of the car while driving. I EP so I never looked it up to double check because it didn't apply to me. However, that may be something to look up if you have another long trip.

Even if this WAS legal, why would you ever want to do it?!
  • image1and1is3:
    Someone told me that it is legal to nurse in the back of the car while driving. I EP so I never looked it up to double check because it didn't apply to me. However, that may be something to look up if you have another long trip.

Why in earth would anyone do that? Even if it's legal, it's stupid not to pull over. My goodness!

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Are you kidding me?? Even if it were legal, you would have to be pretty stupid to nurse in a moving vehicle.

To the OP, I'd definitely pull over and nurse. I've done it with 10 minutes to go because she got so upset. I'm never in a hurry, especially when my girl is hungry. :

First M/C - March 2006, pregnancy not known about.
    BFP#1 03/17/12 DD 11/09/12 Missed MC 05/14/12 (No growth past 9wk1d) D&C 05/22/12
    Removal of Ovarian Cyst 07/27/12
    BFP#2 09/17/12 DD 05/29/13 STICK BABY STICK!

PgAL MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE: PET SHAMING

imageBabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • image1and1is3:

This is terrible advice. When a statement begins with "someone once told me..." It's usually not true. Wow
  • Never ever ever ever take your child out of the car seat in a moving vehicle for any reason!

A local couple with a fussy two year old thought it would be fine if the mom took their LO out of the seat to comfort her in the back after a long trip. They were close to home and it was late at night, so they thought it would be safe. Another car hit them nearly head on, the father swerved to miss it and lost control of the vehicle somehow. Their car rolled. The father had injuries from the seat belt and steering wheel, the mother had a few broken bones and a concussion from rolling in the backseat. Their daughter died from her injuries.

No matter how old the child, no matter the reason, no matter how "safe" it seems or how annoying the fussiness... no matter how "legal" it may be in your area DO NOT remove a child from a car seat in a moving vehicle. Please!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    image1and1is3:

This is a new low. I can't believe you would suggest this. You must be trying to stir up responses because the board is slow, right? Please, please tell me I'm right.
  • image1and1is3:

Uh yeah, no. That is super dangerous!!!
  • image1and1is3:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • My LO once woke up fussy and hungry while at Walmart.  As soon as I got in the car I fed him despite the fact I only live 5 mins away.  I would stop as soon as its possible and safe to feed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJohnsonShmonson:

image1and1is3:

Hmm 

• MotherMayEye, your siggy picture is adorable!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagestar510:
    MotherMayEye, your siggy picture is adorable!

Thank you!

• image1and1is3:

For real? 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"