Babies: 3 - 6 Months

What time is LO's last nap?

We always struggle in the evening from about 6 or 7 until bedtime at about 8:30.  LO keeps changing her nap schedule and really doesn't have a pattern, except I try to get her down after every feeding.  She really struggles napping during the witching hour, so sometimes she doesn't go down for a long period of time.  When is your LO's last nap?

Re: What time is LO's last nap?

• Our days are pretty busy and DD3 is my first unscheduled, go with the flow, baby. Generally her last nap is from 2 to 4pm, and then bed around 7pm. She has napped as late as 5:30 before but only slept 30 to 45 min and then still went to bed by 7:30. No matter what our day looks like she's always in asleep for the night at the same time.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesaturdaynightdoubletree:
    Our days are pretty busy and DD3 is my first unscheduled, go with the flow, baby. Generally her last nap is from 2 to 4pm, and then bed around 7pm. She has napped as late as 5:30 before but only slept 30 to 45 min and then still went to bed by 7:30. No matter what our day looks like she's always in asleep for the night at the same time.

This is pretty much us as well....except my LO only takes about 30-40 min cat naps. So her last nap ends anywhere from 3-530...it just depends how her day falls...bedtime is always 7.

Why don't you try putting LO down earlier, if she's super fussy between 6-7 that may be her bedtime and she's just tired...

BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelittlebean4:

imagesaturdaynightdoubletree:
    Our days are pretty busy and DD3 is my first unscheduled, go with the flow, baby. Generally her last nap is from 2 to 4pm, and then bed around 7pm. She has napped as late as 5:30 before but only slept 30 to 45 min and then still went to bed by 7:30. No matter what our day looks like she's always in asleep for the night at the same time.

This is pretty much us as well....except my LO only takes about 30-40 min cat naps. So her last nap ends anywhere from 3-530...it just depends how her day falls...bedtime is always 7.

Why don't you try putting LO down earlier, if she's super fussy between 6-7 that may be her bedtime and she's just tired...

All of this, right down to the last nap and bed times. I also agree with the suggestion. Maybe it's not her witching hour. Maybe she's just ready for bed? 

• His last nap is between 4-5 and it is usually 30  minutes.  We have him in bed before 8pm.
  • imagechimneygrl:
    His last nap is between 45 and it is usually 30nbsp; minutes.nbsp; We have him in bed before 8pm.

This. LOs last nap usually ENDS around 445 to 530 and bed time is before 8. I would try to put down earlier...
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • A typical day for my DS2 has him eating at 8:00, 10:30, 1:00, 4:00, 6:30, ans then going to sleep around 7:30. Those times can vary by a half hour or so on any given day but he is pretty consistent.

ETA: I misread the question because my 3 year old asked me to dance! Anyway, my LO's last nap is between the 4:00 and 6:30 feeding and is only a half hour or so long.

image image
  • I like it to be at 6 but anywhere from 6 to 7:30 and she goes to bed at 9.  Being up an hour and 1/2 and she is ready for a nap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • last nap around 5/5:30 (for a half hour) and she still wants to be in bed by 7 (but I often push it to 7:30).  I think you need to move bedtime up.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We were running into a similar problem.  DD always wanted to nap between 5 and 7.  Instead of allowing her to do so, we tried putting her to bed at 7.  It didn't work.  I finally embraced her taking a nap beginning between 5 and 6:30.  She never sleeps more than an hour.  After she wakes up, we feed her, play for an hour and then start our nighttime routine.  We put her down around 9 and she sleeps until somewhere between 4:30 and 6.  She then wakes up for about an hour and goes back down until about 10.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • =Lee=B=Lee=B member

My daughter goes to bed at 6:20 and if we miss that time she is hard to get to sleep.  She is never awake more than 1hr30min so wakes no earlier than 5ish for last nap.  She can wake up at 5:45 and still fall asleep at 6:20 though.

As others have said, try putting to bed earlier it may not be a witching hour but an overtired baby.

• DD takes a little catnap around 7/7:30pm and then falls asleep for the night at more like 8:30/9pm.  I'd love for 7:30 to be her bedtime, but we'll get there at some point.  She's slowly but surely backing it up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"