February 2013 Moms
Options

Need advice

How important is it to transition LO to the crib for naps? She does well in it at night, but if I put her down in it for naps I only get 30 minutes out of her. If I put her in the RnP for naps she'll take one 3 hour and one 2 hour nap a day. She starts daycare in a month and I'm debating whether I should just stick with the RnP and be happy she's finally napping or if I should transition her so it'll b easier for her at daycare.

Also, should I be concerned that she's sleeping too much? She gets about 12 hours at night with 1 to 2 wake ups and then two big chunks totaling 5 hours in naps. She's been doing that for about 3 weeks now so I can't imagine its a growth spurt. I mentioned it to the pedi and she just commented that it was a lot of sleep. At the time she'd only been doing it for a week so I thought it was a growth spurt.

Re: Need advice

• Options

It's important if it's important to you, if that makes sense.  If you're not unhappy with the arrangement you have going, then don't fix it. If you think it'll only make things harder down the line, then change it up.

My LO sleeps 12 hours at night with 1 or 2 wake ups, but I get about 2-3 hours of naps in day. I do notice that on the days his total naps go past 3 or 3.5 hours, he wakes up twice at night. When it's 3 hours or less, it's one wake up and his first stretch of night sleep is longer. So I don't always mind the short naps.  If your LO is getting decent night's sleep and sleeping like that during the day, I'd say don't look a gift horse in the mouth, haha! 

• Options
    I know every where you look there are different recommendations for how much babies should sleep. At a community play group I got a hand out and based on it your LO is right on target. Personally, I would save the transition for daycare so there is only one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"