Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Brushing LO's teeth?

Do you brush your LO teeth. If so how did LO get you to do it? DD won't let me even put my finger on her teeth let alone brush them.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Brushing LO's teeth?

• He has 4 teeth that I brush. I have to hold his hands down to brush but after that I let him take the brush so he can move it in his mouth. This allows me time to do my teeth.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • We started after her first tooth popped through, but before that I had always wiped her gums with a cloth after eating so she was used to me putting my finger in her mouth. She's pretty agreeable. She watches herself in the bathroom mirror as I brush her now 4 teeth. Somedays we get a better brush than others but I just try not to traumatize her so even if I only get a few seconds I end it with smiles and go at it again later. We brush after breakfast & dinner.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I use a wash cloth with water.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • We've had the best luck with giving her a toothbrush to hold or letting her "brush" my teeth while I brush hers.  Some days is a huge battle.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • LO loves the toothbrush.  I think it must feel good on her teeth.  When I took older LO to the dentist they gave me a toothbrush for the baby that is specifically designed for infants.  She only has 2.5 teeth, but she loves it!

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

• My son is very keen on the Orajel training paste with blue finger brush. Without the paste he fusses. With it he lets me do for 30 seconds or so. 
  • Yes. We have this set from Nuby. https://nuby.com/en/nuby/health-safety/754/  We started brushing his gums right from the beginning so he would get used to it.  It has 3 different types and you move to each one as the baby gets older. 
  • My little one does great with letting me brush her teeth. She has her lower middle two, so we brush and floss. We started her at about 3 months letting at least get a tooth brush in her mouth. We didn't use toothpaste or brush real hard due to my fear of hurting her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"