Breastfeeding
Options

Working moms: pumping after 1yr

My DS1 never drank any milk I pumped at work and completely reverse cycled, so I quit pumping at work around 10mon

DS2 will be 1yo next month and I'm scared to quit pumping bc he still nurses 4 or 5 times a day on my day off and I get 10oz at my 1 pumping session at lunch.

DS2 is still very dairy intolerant and isn't keen on soy milk. He will drink soy formula, but in a bottle only

So anyway. Has anyone pumped after 1yr? Did you tell HR or get a doctors note? I'm pumping on my lunch break, which is guaranteed, but use of the space isn't.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
What just happened in my diaper?!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Working moms: pumping after 1yr

• Options
    I'm not sure if this a federal law or if it varies by state but I thought that they had to allow you a place to pump until your child is 3 years old. So you should be all set to continue.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I live in sucky FL and my HR policy states 1yr is the limit. We just got a new HR VP who's really showing her muscle, so I don't know if I should even bring it up or just keep pumping until someone says something
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd keep pumping. You can always get a dr note if needed. The hr person is probably unlikely to ask or be bothered to find out how old your child is. If they have been using the space for you and have no plans to use for something else. Any other nursing moms use the space 
  • Options

imagejroth33470:
    I'd keep pumping. You can always get a dr note if needed. The hr person is probably unlikely to ask or be bothered to find out how old your child is. If they have been using the space for you and have no plans to use for something else. Any other nursing moms use the space 

yes there are other moms 

• Options

I would keep pumping too. I think I'd seriously punch someone in my HR dept if they told me to stop pumping...that's crazy. 

Good luck! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagetheresat858:

imageClaryPax:
    I haven't pumped after a year, but if I were you I would just keep using the room until someone says something.  If they say something at that point in time then I would try talking to HR and getting the doctor's note.  I know if I as a manager had a policy that they could only pump for one year, and someone continued I would never bring it up especially if it was on their lunch break.  If the room use is an issue and you have tried the other ideas, you could pump in your car.  Maybe if you tell them that, they'll cave rather than having to have co-workers complain about a woman pumping in the parking lot (if anyone would- which I doubt). 

This. 

Although I have to say, not having to pump at work has been very freeing. (And my LO doesn't drink much milk at all from sippy cups; we just give her yogurt on weekends).

this was my older son. I quit pumping at work around 9-10mon bc he wasn't drinking the milk. Hunter OTOH drinks 2 5oz bottles while I'm at work, and eats 3meals w snacks. He's huge.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"