Stay at Home Moms

It's that time of year...

Going to the beach next month so I'll actually be able to read books!  I need suggestions.  I like Jodi Picoult, Alice Hoffman and enjoyed stuff like The Help and Water for Elephants, can't even remember what I read last year.  Not really into the whole series thing since my library rarely has all of them available at the same time :(
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: It's that time of year...

• I'll share an old list I made in my phone.  It's from a couple of years back, but whenever I'm in the library I look to see if these authors have anything new.

Cecile Von Ziegasar, Jennifer Weiner, Madeline Wichham, Sophie Kinsella, Emily Giffin

I'm also a complete sucker for just walking up and down the rows, grabbing random books, reading the covers and giving them a shot if they at all sound interesting. 

I actually also just read a book called "Midwives"  I found it in a hotel book library on vacation and I grabbed it.  I finished it in an afternoon.  Turns out it was written almost 10 years ago!  Regardless, it was a great read.

Check out my blog ---->  http://minismama.com/
  • jjt616jjt616 member
    If you like water for elephants and the help then read the post mistress I forget who it's by. I'm reading the peach keeper now and in loving it! Also firefly lane is amazing and it has a sequel called fly away which ill read when I'm done with the peach keeper.

• Loading the player...
  • I recently read The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty and I really enjoyed it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (she has two other books that are really good as well). They're quick reads that you just can't put down!

• I just finished the five quarters of the orange by Joanne Harris. 

Also there is a sequel to the devil wears Prada that I'm dying to get my hands on! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kmc217kmc217 member

I like a lot of PPs suggestions. 

Just finished last night The Orphan Train which I really liked.

I am starting Mermaids in Brooklyn which was recommended and so far is good.  

DD1 7/10/08  DD2 8/11/10  DS 7/2/13

• I really liked "Expecting Adam," "The Dive from Clausen's Pier," and "The Namesake." I'm currently reading "Sing You Home" and its not my favorite Jodi Picoult book.
    "When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew." -Shakespere
  • imageCnAmom:
    My to-read list has:

We Need To Talk About Kevin
    The Light Between Oceans
    Gone Girl
    Molokai
    The Art Of Racing In The Rain

I just finished book 2 of a trilogy that I'm really enjoying, but my library only had book 1, I had to buy book 2, and I think book 3 is scheduled for release sometime next year.

we need to talk about Kevin is really good.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"