Babies: 3 - 6 Months

What type of night do you have when you take LO out for an active day?

I'm a SAHM and me and my LO are typically home bodies during the week. However on the weekends we try to get out as a family. Well we hung out today for a few hours and when we came back he was so tired and sleepy that he seemed delirious. Even though he slept some in the car seat and the stroller, of course it was nothing in comparison to sleeping in his crib. 

So when we got home around 4 he fell asleep. Woke up at about 6 to eat and went right back to sleep.....and it's now 9 and he's sleeping still. 9-10 is typically his bed time.

I'm thinking two things could happen here...because he is so tired he will wake up to eat and go back to sleep since it's nighttime and just rise early in the morning or he will be up very late tonight. (Bummer) 

Also, I've tried to wake him up early one time before so that he wouldn't nap so close to his bedtime and I had the ultimate scream fest so I'm trying to leave him alone but ugh.... 

What type of experiences have you had if/when LO naps past bedtime after an active day?

Re: What type of night do you have when you take LO out for an active day?

• Honestly he might just wke up his normal times. I've had LO fall asleep at 5 and sleep until 3, eat then back down until normal wake up time
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • We are in the same situation tonight! We will have to compare tomorrow lol. I'm hoping she just sleeps through the night
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok.....so he woke up to eat. Hung out for about 45 minutes before he started showing irritated signs of sleepiness so I took him back to his room to put him to sleep...well he started rearing back in my arms out of tiredness and frustration so I put him in his crib and turned on the mobile because he does put himself to sleep on occasion...so that's where he is right now and we shall see..... :-/
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    With DS, no matter how much or little sleep he gets during the day, his nighttime sleep is always the same.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• I am one of those who firmly believes in never wake a sleeping baby. I've been lucky with super sleeper babies. Yesterday DD3 didn't get a great morning nap because we were out and about. Her afternoon nap is usually 24pm but she didn't go down until 4, slept until 6, and still went to bed at 7, her normal sleep time. She usually wakes up anywhere between 5:30 and 7am, but this morning slept until 8:30am. If they're tired they sleep. If they get up to eat, feed them and put them back to sleep. Good luck!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think every baby is different. When we have very active days and DS doesn't nap as much it usually leads to a really crappy night. I try really hard to be home for naps and just plan my day around them. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"