Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Big tub transition

LO is getting rather large for his baby tub & he hates lying back in it - he would much rather sit up. I am looking into either a seat or another type of transition tub for the big bathtub. Any recommendations??
photo MeandBubs.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Big tub transition

• Options
    We also have the munhkin inflatable duck tub and he loves it! It's easy to take with us. We've used it on trips too. He is able to sit up in it and took to it really well. I would recommend it.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I'm cheap and baby tubs don't make sense to me. I bought one of these and will be able to use it for storage once he outgrows it. LOL.

https://www.lowes.com/pd_332449-61896-332449_0__?productId=3276019&Ntt=storage+totes

=BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    As long as they are sitting up well, there is no reason you can't just put them in the regular tub. That's what we've started doing recently and she loves it. We just do about an inch of water, give her some toys to play with and she's as happy as can be to splash around in there while I'm bathing her. 

• Options
    We use a bath seat. I would put her just in the tub but she takes a bath with DS and I can trust her to sit in it while I wash him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Options
    We have a bumbo type seat and we just put DS in that. 
  • Options
    We use a mesh bath sling (wedge shaped frame) in the big tub. We've used it since she outgrew the kitchen sink. Kept her head out of the water as a newborn. Now she lies back on it while I wash her, then sits at the bottom while I support her to splash and play a bit. Once she's sitting well independently I'll just put a towel at the bottom of the tub. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kitchen sink.  'Nuff said.
  • Options
    I use a plastic laundry basket, and fill it up about 2 to 3 inches, any higher and the water pours out the holes in the sides. I like that I'm not wasting extra water filling the whole tub, and he's got enough room to play, but I know he's not going anywhere.
  • Options
    We have the duck tub, and he loves it. :)
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Options

imageForeverEverAfter:
    We use a mesh bath sling (wedge shaped frame) in the big tub. We've used it since she outgrew the kitchen sink. Kept her head out of the water as a newborn. Now she lies back on it while I wash her, then sits at the bottom while I support her to splash and play a bit. Once she's sitting well independently I'll just put a towel at the bottom of the tub. 

we do this. our 'sling' sounds alittle different but we do the same concept. he's almost 9 months and I still leave the lil sling in there so I can lay him back to wash his butt and rinse his hair.

although now, his favorite thing to do is try to stand in the tub. once you think you have things figured out, the kids go and change it again lol. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I saw this thing on Facebook where there was a child in a laundry hamper in the big tub. Ever since then that is what we've been doing! It keeps him from slipping and falling over into the water, keeps all of his toys right in front of him, and it's very inexpensive (we already had a few spare hampers!)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"