July 2012 Moms
Options

Diaper raffle - WWJ12D? (update in OP)

I'm going to a baby shower today and I was "invited" to bring size 4 diapers for a raffle. Normally I hate that kind of thing and just bring my regular present (I spend enough money on diapers, thank you). But at this girl's bridal shower, they did a "bring a piece of cookware for a raffle" and I was the only person who didn't. The hostess made a big deal out of "Oh, sorry, you can't play this game."

Should I buck up and bring the diapers?

Update: I brought the dumb diapers. And I didn't win the raffle. Boo. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Diaper raffle - WWJ12D? (update in OP)

• Options

imagewheelerc:
    This is ridiculous. If you want to participate but a small thing if generic diapers. No box of pampers. I also hate these raffles. Sooo I have to buy you a gift [which I usually spend 50100 on] then I have to buy a box of diapers? Hard pass.

IKR? I just have to see what's stronger, peer pressure or my principles, lol. What kills me is that "size 4" was written into the invitation, so they staggered out the sizes. That's too much thought for a diaper raffle.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No. Don't do it. Then maybe the host will get the hint of how tacky it is. If she makes a big deal out of it you can always say you thought it was optional and decided to spend the extra money on the actual gift. Or just say nothing and know that you aren't a tacky person.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Under normal circumstances, this would not bother me. In light of past experience and the wording, I would either not attend or buy store brand.
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just buy some generic diapers and play the game. It'll be fun!

• Options
    Moneys tight right now so I definitely get where your coming from! If money was no object tho I would play along and bring the diapers and be happy.

I guess you kind of just have to suck it up and buy a small pack.

At my wedding shower, and most in my family, they did a wishing well. Is that considered tacky too? People were asked to bring small kitchen type gadget to fill the wishing well. I thought it was cute but now after being on the bump I'm thinking maybe it was tacky too!
  • Options
    I might bring the teeniest, tiniest bag of diapers I could find.  10 diapers?  OK!
  • Options
    K8saysK8says member

Am I the only person in the world who doesn't know what this is? A raffle sounds like someone at the shower could win the diapers?  

:? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageK8says:

Am I the only person in the world who doesn't know what this is? A raffle sounds like someone at the shower could win the diapers?  

:? 

I wish! You bring a pack of diapers and get entered into a raffle, where you could win a gift card or pack of bath soaps or some other shower prize. 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"