Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

question

I had my follow up appointment Wednesday after my mc last week. She said we could ttc again after my first af if we feel up to it. She also said we had to wait 6 weeks to have sex. I don't know if I can wait 6 weeks to be intimate with my husband. Has anyone heard of waiting 6 weeks after a mc to have sex?
Me and DH 27 DD 4.5 TTC since June 2011 once IUD was removed Irregular AF since removal Fertilaid 9/2012-10/2012 finally regularity with AF 11/2012 spotting for a week no AF

Re: question

• That seems like a long time.  Did she give you a reason why?  I had a D&C and the doc said to wait 2 weeks.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No reason or explanation just said no sex for 6 weeks
    Me and DH 27 DD 4.5 TTC since June 2011 once IUD was removed Irregular AF since removal Fertilaid 9/2012-10/2012 finally regularity with AF 11/2012 spotting for a week no AF
  • Loading the player...
  • I've heard of being told 6 weeks, of course it all depends on the doctor and the circumstances of the case.  Did you ask her why she said six weeks?

Just a note:  we typically don't ever advise anyone here to go againsts a doctor's orders.  And keep in mind, if you had carried to full term you would be expected not to have sex for at least six weeks after birth.  It is doable and sometimes necessary.  There are many ways to be intimate without full intercourse.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• I forgot to ask why 6 weeks. I will probably call back and ask. I remember after my dd was born she said to wait 6 weeks which I understood why we needed to wait then but I don't get it this time.
  • My Dr never told me how long to wait til we could have sex again. They gave me a post op appointment for 4 or 5 weeks after my dnc. We waited til my appoinent to make sure all was ok. Think all Dr are different on what they recommend. I know they don't want infection.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I would call and ask why.  We were not told 6 weeks.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• I had my mc on a Tuesday and when I saw my OB on that Thursday she told me it was ok to have sex right away. I had a natural miscarriage, so maybe that has something to do with it? It's been just over two weeks, and I still can't bring myself to be intimate yet. :(
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I would definitely ask the Dr. why, mine told me when I was emotionally ready to go ahead...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"