December 2010 Moms

Terrible Two's Check In

Mobile: Terrible Two's Check In

I just wanted to see how everyone's doing now that we are in the middle of the "terrible twos" stage. Although I know some started early. lol

I feel like overall Jack had been doing really well. He doesn't throw many tantrums, and timeouts have been effective for getting him to calm down when he does throw them.

He's really set on doing things by himself right now, which of course makes everythibg take 10x longer. But if I try to help we get a tantrum.

He's been really bossy as well. Mommy, don't sit there. Mommy, don't look at me! Mommy, don't talk to me! I'm trying to teach him about respect, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. I'm not sure he understands why mommy gets to tell him what to do, but not the other way around.

He has also taken to whining and saying no no no no when he doesn't get his way. He'll do it quickly so I can't get a word in edgewise and it will escalate.

Before he turned two we watched the Happiest Toddler on the Block video and have adapted some of the techniques like acknowledging what he wants and why he is upset and that helps some. We have definitely noticed that he had more trouble if he is hungry or tired!

Anyway, how is everyone else doing? How are you dealing with 'bad' behaviors and encouraging good ones?

I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 

Re: Terrible Two's Check In

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"