February 2013 Moms

Things that your DH does

I know with men we need to write things down for them to understand but some days I just don't get how clueless he can be. I'm really good at just laughing it off but I give him a nice stare to say REALLY?!
A month ago I made plans for my boys and I to go up to a lake in Maine with my parents and SO. Had all plans set and explained the dates so he would understand.. Told him it was Father's Day weekend etc and he said ok because he works every other weekend and he was off. Then that wed he was talking about a charity golf tourney he was in that Sat. He totally forgot about Maine and I let it go and took my best friend instead. That morning though I asked him to get the boys up, fed and dressed when he got home from work at 8am so I could pack and shower. He did everything I asked but let me sleep in. While it was nice I had to explain that I can't shower or pack while sleeping lol..
Then this morning I texted him at 530am and said I just fed the boys so they will be ready for bottles at 8:30 when he got home so would get the bottles made when he comes in. He came home early at 6am, made bottles and got babies up to feed them. Obviously they didn't eat it, wasted 2 bottles and babies were wide awake. Oh men!
What things does your SO do that make you wonder if you really need to spell everything out for him?

Re: Things that your DH does

• When DD was about 1 week old, I let my SO know that I was going downstairs to fold some laundry. DD was asleep in her bassinette in our bedroom. After about 5 minutes, I hear her crying. 5 minutes after that she is still crying, so I go upstairs to see if I can help. He's still sitting on the couch, hasn't moved. Um Hello, don't you hear a crying baby?? His response, oh I thought you brought her downstairs with you. Apparently I needed to say "I'm going downstairs to fold the laundry, and I'm not bringing a 1 week old baby with me to help"
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LOL these are funny. My Hubby and I were on couch and LO was about 2 weeks old and at that point I was a zombie. We had him sleeping in the PnP in the living room while we were on couch. He tells me "I know you are exhausted, just close your eyes and rest, if he cries I will grab him" Sounded like heaven so I close my eyes and pass out. 30 minutes later I woke up to the baby crying and I look over to see why he isn't doing as he said he would because he was passed out too. Yeah thanks for the help LOL

Thank god he got better at that and we are all caught up on sleep. lol

photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • DH is staying home with DD for a month after I go back to work. I don't who to feel worse forDH or DD. His definition of putting her down for a nap is sticking her in her crib wide awake. His definition of spending quality time with her is sticking her on the Boppy and then watching tv or getting online and effectively ignoring her. She often starts crying and I think its because she wants attention.

Hands down the thing that bugs me most about DH isn't that he doesn't know what he's doing, but that he's so arrogant he won't listen to anything I tell him. Um hello? This is my JOB until I go back to work. If I had to do your job for a month I'd ask you for help! End rant.
  • The first few weeks that I went back to work were extremely challenging for H and the baby. She'd be crying and screaming for hours until I got home and took her and then she'd settle down immediately. Well, every time I got home H would be shifting baby from arm to arm, back and forth, holding her out in front of him, bouncing her up and down, asking her in a loud voice why she was crying. All she wanted was too be cuddled and rocked a little bit and all was well. It was stressful for me just watching him with her, no wonder she was upset!
    It wasn't totally his fault though as we found out that she was napping about 10 minutes total during the day while his mom was watching her, so she was just way too tired.

Things have gotten much much better since then, thankfully.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• imagemarionravenwood:
    DH is staying home with DD for a month after I go back to work. I don't who to feel worse forDH or DD. His definition of putting her down for a nap is sticking her in her crib wide awake. His definition of spending quality time with her is sticking her on the Boppy and then watching tv or getting online and effectively ignoring her. She often starts crying and I think its because she wants attention. Hands down the thing that bugs me most about DH isn't that he doesn't know what he's doing, but that he's so arrogant he won't listen to anything I tell him. Um hello? This is my JOB until I go back to work. If I had to do your job for a month I'd ask you for help! End rant.

Yes. Then after he tells me to get lost, and DS gets increasingly worked up, he hands him back to me pissed off. Great. Thanks for getting him even more riled up, THEN giving him to me. If you were just going to do that, why not listen to my advice so we could have avoided this all from the get go? I'm not about doing things only my way, but I do know what DS likes. It's not DH's fault he's not around much, and it's not a weakness or a sign he's a bad dad that he has to ask for help or insight. But he thinks so. 

• Lbug09Lbug09 member
    I get all of DS' stuff ready for daycare in the morning...bottles, extra clothes, blanket, paci etc. I also carry my own diaper bag, purse for work, pumping stuff and cooler with bottles. Needless to say this means I have 5 bags to get into the car in the morning. They're not heavy so its totally doable, just awkward. DH carries DS in carseat and offered to carry DS' daycare bag down to the car too this morning. I said ok thanks honey! Well we pull up to daycare and I'm searching for his daycare bag in the car and its not there. DH managed to get the bag downstairs but left it the foyer by the front door. I'm going back to doing it myself...lol
  • jbatchjbatch member
    This isn't really so much spelling it out as I have no idea what goes on in his mind at times. lol. When LO was 2 weeks old about I was up feeding her in the middle of the night and I always had to feed her both sides or she would cry when I set her down. So DH comes in and asks if she is still eating so I said no she is sleeping (meaning I was going to put her down so I could go to sleep) Well he took it as she needed to wake up so she could finish eating and came over and blew on her face and kissed her loudly. She woke up (of course) and I said she was sleeping!! He said I thought she needed to wake up.. So I made him rock her back to sleep while I went back to bed!!

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"