February 2012 Moms

Friday Confessions!!!

Re: Friday Confessions!!!

• I have been bad lately...I think I've spent about $1,000 that DH doesn't know about in the last two months. 

Also, I'm apparently the only person on the plante who doesn't give a second thought to what Kim and Kanye (sp?) name their kid.  It doesn't matter to me, they aren't important enough to care about.  And that is the only time you will see/hear anything from me on this non-news story.

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• imageMrMrsandBaby:
    Also, I'm apparently the only person on the plante who doesn't give a second thought to what Kim and Kanye (sp?) name their kid.  It doesn't matter to me, they aren't important enough to care about.  And that is the only time you will see/hear anything from me on this non-news story.
    Nope, you're not the only person!  I couldn't pick any of the Kardashians out of a line up...I don't watch their show and have no idea who they are.  Yes, I know "who" they are but if you were to say that's "one" of them, I'd be like ok!

I have a dr appt today, for some follow up tests (FX for good report).  My confession, I took care of business down there and got a little razor burn.  I'm quite embarassed now because it's not pretty!  Apparently I needed a new razor blade...now I look like I've been in a fight with Edward Scissor Hands or something!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageklutzygrl26:
    I took DD to the pedi this week because she had a horrible cough.nbsp; Turns out she has another ear infection.nbsp; When the doc asked me if I had quit giving her bottles, I lied and said yes.nbsp; I'm planning on it!nbsp; This is the last week of bottles, I swear.

I took Aria last week for an ear infection, and they didn't even ask.

Maybe my FFFC is that I plan on not worrying about bottle weaning until she's two. We've tried a handful of times, and it's clear that Aria just isn't ready to give it up yet. I feel like if I was comfort nursing, they'd be encouraging me to go as long as possible. Why can't Aria have her bottle for comfort then, since bfing didn't work out for us?

::steps off soapbox, takes deep breath, vows to not get back on soapbox today::
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • imagelancyjo:
    imageklutzygrl26:
    I took DD to the pedi this week because she had a horrible cough.nbsp; Turns out she has another ear infection.nbsp; When the doc asked me if I had quit giving her bottles, I lied and said yes.nbsp; I'm planning on it!nbsp; This is the last week of bottles, I swear.
    I took Aria last week for an ear infection, and they didn't even ask. Maybe my FFFC is that I plan on not worrying about bottle weaning until she's two. We've tried a handful of times, and it's clear that Aria just isn't ready to give it up yet. I feel like if I was comfort nursing, they'd be encouraging me to go as long as possible. Why can't Aria have her bottle for comfort then, since bfing didn't work out for us? ::steps off soapbox, takes deep breath, vows to not get back on soapbox today::

DD still has one bottle a day. She's cut them out at daycare, but she still likes to have one before bed. I don't really see a problem with it. She will wean herself from it soon enough.
  • I've resorted to bribing my DD to poo in her diaper. I know that sounds crazy cakes, but she kept holding herself, and the potty only worked at bath time, so she'd hold her poop alllllll day long. Not good. I started bribing her with smarties by praising her when she would poop in her diaper, and she seems to be getting back to normal. I hope that doing this doesn't screw me over when I actually go to potty train her. Hopefully she will forget all about this by the time she's two.
  • imagelancyjo:
    imageklutzygrl26:
    I took Aria last week for an ear infection, and they didn't even ask. Maybe my FFFC is that I plan on not worrying about bottle weaning until she's two. We've tried a handful of times, and it's clear that Aria just isn't ready to give it up yet. I feel like if I was comfort nursing, they'd be encouraging me to go as long as possible. Why can't Aria have her bottle for comfort then, since bfing didn't work out for us? ::steps off soapbox, takes deep breath, vows to not get back on soapbox today::

I brought up this same thing to my Ped at 15 months when we were still using bottles (he pushes cold turkey bottle weaning at 12 months) He did not have a good answer and I was probably a little smug about it ::shrugs:: We weaned by offering milk in a sippy and bottle morning and bedtime and one night she picked the sippy and never looked back.

I have had 3 large orders of French fries from McDonalds this week, with sweet and sour dipping sauce of course!

My confession, I am embarrassed for DH to find out so I got cash back at Target on Monday so I could support my habit off the grid. I know he wouldn't care, and would actually encourage me eating anything at this point, but I like to keep some of my Fatty McFatterson habits to myself. 

BFP #1 1/11/11 M/C 2/4/11
    BFP #2 6/13/11 Baby E born 2/18/12
    BFP #3 12/3/12 C/P 12/5/12
    BFP #4 2/10/13 Baby R born 10/19/13
  • imageFavority:

imagelancyjo:
    imageklutzygrl26:

I brought up this same thing to my Ped at 15 months when we were still using bottles (he pushes cold turkey bottle weaning at 12 months) He did not have a good answer and I was probably a little smug about it ::shrugs:: We weaned by offering milk in a sippy and bottle morning and bedtime and one night she picked the sippy and never looked back.

I have had 3 large orders of French fries from McDonalds this week, with sweet and sour dipping sauce of course!

My confession, I am embarrassed for DH to find out so I got cash back at Target on Monday so I could support my habit off the grid. I know he wouldn't care, and would actually encourage me eating anything at this point, but I like to keep some of my Fatty McFatterson habits to myself. 

I am so relieved to see that I am not the only one who isn't in a rush to wean from the bottle! I have learned a very valuable lesson recently and that is to STOP listening to my friends who pressure me to wean and not worry so much about the pressure from DS's pedi to wean him from bottles and pacifiers. We've tried to wean off both several times, and each time did not go well. I realized that maybe DS just isn't ready, and we are all much happier when I'm not pushing him so hard to wean. I have to remind myself sometimes that I have to do what I feel is best for my baby...even if it's going against what others recommend.  I know him BEST.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

• We haven't even tried to wean the pacifier. If I want her to self soothe in bed, I feel I should give her the things she likes to soothe with. Plus her name for it is just to make a pop noise with her lips, which I think is so adorable.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• jk382jk382 member

imagelancyjo:
    imageklutzygrl26:

I agree!  It's not like she is going to take the bottle to college!  Nolan still has his paci and it is the only way he sleeps...I don't see weaning that in the near future.  :) 

• imagejmccall79:

imageMrMrsandBaby:
    Nope, you're not the only person!  I couldn't pick any of the Kardashians out of a line up...I don't watch their show and have no idea who they are.  Yes, I know "who" they are but if you were to say that's "one" of them, I'd be like ok!

I have a dr appt today, for some follow up tests (FX for good report).  My confession, I took care of business down there and got a little razor burn.  I'm quite embarassed now because it's not pretty!  Apparently I needed a new razor blade...now I look like I've been in a fight with Edward Scissor Hands or something!

I don't even know who Kim or Kayne are. I just think the name North West is really stupid, and wonder what's wrong with people sometimes.
  • imageStarbuck128:

I rarely put the cloth diapers away in their drawers when they are clean. They usually stay in a laundry basket by the changing table. It's so bad that a laundry basket is now officially where cloth diapers belong.

Cody is wonderful about putting his clothes away. If he sees some of his clothes on the floor, he puts them in his dresser. If he sees his cloth diapers in their drawers, he puts them away in a laundry basket. Today the only empty laundry basket he could find was on the other side of the house. He took every diaper out of the drawer and then took all the way over to the laundry basket, one at a time.

This made me actually laugh out loud!!!  That is just too cute and totally something I can see a determined toddler doing!  

• imageSept07b2b:
    imageStarbuck128:

I rarely put the cloth diapers away in their drawers when they are clean. They usually stay in a laundry basket by the changing table. It's so bad that a laundry basket is now officially where cloth diapers belong.

Cody is wonderful about putting his clothes away. If he sees some of his clothes on the floor, he puts them in his dresser. If he sees his cloth diapers in their drawers, he puts them away in a laundry basket. Today the only empty laundry basket he could find was on the other side of the house. He took every diaper out of the drawer and then took all the way over to the laundry basket, one at a time.

This made me actually laugh out loud!!!  That is just too cute and totally something I can see a determined toddler doing!  

That is too cute! E takes hers off the drying rack and puts them in the correct drawer. Too bad ours are all pockets and I still need to stuff them. I guess I better teach her how to do that. She also takes the dirty clothes from her basket and puts them away in her dresser.

BFP #1 1/11/11 M/C 2/4/11
    BFP #2 6/13/11 Baby E born 2/18/12
    BFP #3 12/3/12 C/P 12/5/12
    BFP #4 2/10/13 Baby R born 10/19/13
  • Bottles? I haven't even thought about weaning K off of bottles. People keep asking when we'll wean off of nursing too. I have so little energy to even think about that stuff. Nursing is something I am only doing at this point because it gives me a few minutes to sit still or lie down. Bottles and nursing are all a convenience for me.

2nd one- I hate my new boss. He's a total douche. The confession part of this is that I'm spending a decent part of my day looking for a new job. It's not easy given my role, but he's going to get about 1/2 my normal impact.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageStarbuck128:

I technicaally have a drawer in R's dresser for cloth diapers, but I really just store them on the drying rack. It's closer to the changing table, and it seems unnecessary to put them somewhere else first. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"