May 2013 Moms

Sweet sleep!

DS slept from 12 to 5 last night. I was so happy and surprised to get my first 5 hour stretch! I share this, not to be an AW, but because I was one of those mamas who thought it would never happen. Of course it can and will all be different tomorrow but we're making progress. So to those of you still not sleeping, hang in there.

The first two weeks he didn't sleep at all from 12 to 6. The he started sleeping but was up every 2 hrs to eat and took over and hour to go back to sleep so still no sleep. But we've seemed to turn a corner. He's spacing out his feedings more and more as he matures.

Also, only advice I can give... the pacifier has become my best friend. Once I found one he liked. We're using the mam start pacis. He likes them better and they stay in his mouth better than the soothies from the hospital. They have helped him fuss less and sleep more. It's great.

Hang in there mamas. :
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Sweet sleep!

• be888be888 member

Good for you! It's great to see the light at the end of the tunnel. My LO has been doing 5 1/2-6 hour stretches recently, and I feel like a different person.

I totally agree about the pacifier. I was scared it would interfere with nursing, just like I thought bottles would, but it's been great, especially for my nipples. The human pacifier needs a break!  

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• kmcd23kmcd23 member
    You give me hope!!! I'm glad you got a good stretch, and I hope he keeps it up.
  • Loading the player...
  • That is awesome! M slept for almost 5 last night, from 10:30 to 3:30, and I got to sleep for almost 4 of those.... so I was beyond excited when we got to her next feeding! I know every day is different at this stage, but hopefully we all get enough good nights to get to the other side. Congrats!

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• I'm jealous! LO is 8 weeks and the longest we've gotten is 5 ,hours. He has since decided that that is too long and 4 is our long nighttime stretch again.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats! We used to get 45 hrs sleep but now 3.5 max. I can't wait for more!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• We've gotten 8+ three days in a row, but she's awake the majority of the day too. If she ever wakes up in the middle of the night, it's a diaper change and a feed and she's back out quickly.
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
  • Those long stretches are so rejuvenating. I often say they can make me feel like a new woman. Hoping your little one continues with them.

• Yay! That is such a relief. C just started sleeping 5 or 6 hours straight. last night she went from 8:45 to 3:15 and it was heaven! The irony is that I still have to wake up at 12:30 to pee.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I was on the same boat! DD was up all night for the first 9-10 days, and we decided that instead of waking her up for feedings, to just let her wake up on her own. She's been pretty good and normally sleeps from 1-6. And ditto on the MAM paci's.. they are a lifesaver; she loves them, she won't take any others!! 
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagekmcd23:
    You give me hope!!! I'm glad you got a good stretch, and I hope he keeps it up.

He will get there!

Hopefully I'm not totally jinxing myself with posting this. lol. He's done a few 4 hr stretches lately and I've been thrilled with them. Then he'll have an occasional 2 hour. Haha All in good time.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"